Oh Noez! What about Teh Menz? -Patriarchy isn't a dude's friend EITHER!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 07, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on August 22, 2012, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 22, 2012, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: Faust on August 22, 2012, 03:53:20 PM
Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 22, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

Maybe if we could include our cranium measurements it would be more accurate.

Phrenology aside, it isn't a measure of gender but some of these can be a rough indicator of estrogen level?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio

Sure... they CAN be. They can also be an indicator of genetic makeup. Native American women, for example, are prone to a low waist to hip ratio and a lower hairline. Considering that the "test" determined that I am androgynous in appearance, highly masculine in behavior, and a strong candidate for FTM surgery, I'm gonna go with "this test is worthless and probably written by college students as part of a first-year class project".
In a rage it told me I was a transvestite when I refused to give it any other information then the fact that I am male.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

i used to have a waist to hip ratio that any girl would kill for, now im just below the threshold of "fat"...

gee, must be that ive been taking female hormones! It has nothing to do with being unfit! Maybe if i eat enough twinkies ill turn into a girl!

:lol:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote"Women under Christianity are kept virgin for the market as Strasbourg geese are nailed to boards till their livers putrefy. The nature of woman has been corrupted, her hope of a soul thwarted,her proper pleasure balked, and her mind poisoned to titillate the jaded palates of senile bankers and ambassadors. Why do men insist on 'innocence' in women?

QuoteWe do not want Her as a slave; we want Her free and royal . . .

QuoteMoreover, there is Mary, a blasphemy against BABALON, for she hath shut herself up; and therefore is she the Queen of all those wicked devils that walk upon the earth . . .

QuoteThe wife must not figure as a sexual being, but solely as a child-bearer. Essentially, the idealization and deification of motherhood, which are so flagrantly at variance with the brutatlity with which the mothers of the toiling masses are actually treated, serve as means of preventing women from gaining a sexual consciousness, of preventing the imposed sexual repression from breaking through and of preventing sexual anxiety and sexual guilt feelings from losing their hold. Sexually awakened women, affirmed and recognized as such, would mean the complete collapse of authoritarian ideology.

Some interesting quotes I ran across in another forum discussing the issue. The first three quotes are from Crowley and the last is form Reich. The last Crowley quote is discussing the pre-christian mythology focusing on a female deity of sexuality. Babalon, was the virgin whore, in Crowley's system. She was virginal spiritually/emotionally because her sexual choices were not from a position of sin. That is, she recognized there was nothing wrong with celebrating sexuality. Babalon is an example of a common early myth. Crowley contrasts this with the divine Woman of Christian mythology... Mary, the Mother... but still a virgin, her sexuality completely removed.

I think the comment that truly free women would mean the collapse of authoritarian ideology may be a bit extreme... but I don't think its wholly wrong. If we presume that this concept is really ingrained that deeply, destroying it could have a striking effect throughout society. Probably a very good effect in the end.

I thought this was an interesting perspective of just how ingrained misogyny is in modern western culture.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Verbal Mike

The leftie Israeli web has been seeing a lot of drama and discussion about privilege, I think basically after a woman posting a picture + details to shame a (mildly, verbally) harassing taxi driver. Maybe also because of some clashes between ethnic groups within the left. Anyway, through a post about privilege I came upon this post which seems very relevant to our own drama and discussion: the dos and donts of being a good ally. http://theangryblackwoman.com/2009/10/01/the-dos-and-donts-of-being-a-good-ally/

Apropos, this past weekend I had an experience that suddenly allowed me to experience about what it must be like for women to explain to men how they are harassed etc. To keep the background to a minimum, let's just say there was a small public event at which amongst other things I, as the invited speaker, told the public about how I was regularly bullied in elementary and middle school. One member of the public, incidentally a woman, first tried to cast doubt on what I was saying by claiming "it's not supposed to be that way in most schools" (duh – and also I went to school on a different continent, you moron) and "bullying is actually rare". She then proceeded to insinuate that the appropriate solution to that would have been for my parents to be more supporting to me. I was pretty stunned, really. I actually had to pause and stare into space for a minute, reflect on the discussions we've had here, and figure out how the hell I answer that in a way that doesn't make me look crazier than her, while also at least insinuating that she's being disrespectful and dismissing my experience of victimization.

Thought I'd share that experience, since it's not one I've often had, and it reminded me so much of what we've discussed here.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say that childhood bullying is as bad as sexual assault, and have no interest in such a comparison whatsoever.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Faust

Bump,

Here's a direct one that is pissing me off, the cost of my car insurance is 1800 euro, which equates to 2354.2200 US dollars a year.
Comparatively my fiancées is 200 euro a year. As a man I am a higher risk as a driver and women are a lower risk.

1) This affirms that the driving test here allows people who are considered a risk to drive and
2) rather then judge individuals on the competency of their driving they would rather use the average of their gender roles.

Not to sound like the hated libertarians I am paying more because of other peoples mistakes.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Faust on September 18, 2012, 11:23:40 AM
Bump,

Here's a direct one that is pissing me off, the cost of my car insurance is 1800 euro, which equates to 2354.2200 US dollars a year.
Comparatively my fiancées is 200 euro a year. As a man I am a higher risk as a driver and women are a lower risk.

1) This affirms that the driving test here allows people who are considered a risk to drive and
2) rather then judge individuals on the competency of their driving they would rather use the average of their gender roles.

Not to sound like the hated libertarians I am paying more because of other peoples mistakes.

That's like £1500! Holy shitcocking Christ on a fuckstick! That would pay my rent for 6 months! Your fiancée's is about £160 which is a third of a yearly bus pass.

It's the boy racer types between 17-25 that are letting the side down dude... Hooning around in their souped up small city cars and behaving like eejits who think they are INVINCIBLE AND IMMORTALZ!  They were probably quite sensible before they passed the driving test but get them and their mates into a car-park and its all sound systems and donuts and going at 100mph in a Subaru in a small village in the New Forest (A guy I used to hang out with once did this... I don't hang out with him any more). Over 50's get similar perks as teh wimmenz, but that's how insurance companies make money.   I vote you slap the shit outta the boy racers and take them to the hospital to see the effects of a serious road traffic incident caused by speeding and or drink driving BEFORE THEY TAKE THE TEST!

Faust

Quote from: Pixie on September 18, 2012, 01:22:53 PM
Bump,

That's like £1500! Holy shitcocking Christ on a fuckstick! That would pay my rent for 6 months! Your fiancée's is about £160 which is a third of a yearly bus pass.

It's the boy racer types between 17-25 that are letting the side down dude... Hooning around in their souped up small city cars and behaving like eejits who think they are INVINCIBLE AND IMMORTALZ!  They were probably quite sensible before they passed the driving test but get them and their mates into a car-park and its all sound systems and donuts and going at 100mph in a Subaru in a small village in the New Forest (A guy I used to hang out with once did this... I don't hang out with him any more). Over 50's get similar perks as teh wimmenz, but that's how insurance companies make money.   I vote you slap the shit outta the boy racers and take them to the hospital to see the effects of a serious road traffic incident caused by speeding and or drink driving BEFORE THEY TAKE THE TEST!
It doesn't even seem to keep them off the road, it is close to six months rent for me as well. I don't know where they get the money from for both their insurance and their horrible modded Daihatsu's.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Faust on September 18, 2012, 01:29:07 PM
Quote from: Pixie on September 18, 2012, 01:22:53 PM
Bump,

It doesn't even seem to keep them off the road, it is close to six months rent for me as well. I don't know where they get the money from for both their insurance and their horrible modded Daihatsu's.

The money comes from the Bank Of Mammy and Da. 

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

If it's anything like the US, the added speedracing-chowderbrains insurance cost takes a dive once you hit your late twenties.

I recommend liberating the air trapped in their tires, whenever such opportunities present themselves. Another reason to always carry a pocket knife, you see.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Juana

I knew a girl whose uncle basically sold her st fifteen or sixteen as a child bride to a man twenty-five years her senior. She'd been married for two years by the time I knew her, and I think she'd been pulled from school when she was fourteen or so. That was an ugly thing.

Also, yes, very powerful (and correct) stuff. When women are educated, there seems to be a distinct drop-off in population growth, too, which is very, very good.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."