News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Shut up and watch this.

Started by Suu, September 06, 2012, 08:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://www.nzwide.com/swanlake.htm

I assure you, despite it being ballet, it's worth the four and a half minutes.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

THAT was impressive stuff!  I'm not sure how..  had to hurt... like physics wasn't...  I mean wow.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

I'm pretty sure she's not human.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

leln

Quote from: Suu on September 06, 2012, 08:51:35 PM

Part of me really wants to take exception to that statement, but then I remember that I'm biased on this subject.

While the video really screamed "CIRCUS" at me, I completely respect the level of skill demonstrated by the performers. Even if the woman dancing Odette weighs less than a hundred pounds, a male lead had to support that at a single point on his body while she was in an extension. Then he walked around while she "only" had to keep her balance.  :eek:

This type of performance probably isn't healthy and sure as heck isn't easy. Even if the video made me cringe for their collective joints, I was impressed.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Richter

Cirque de Soleil as done by Balanchine enthusiasts with access to several dozen double jointed clones of Lucy Liu.

There is also some niche trampling / acrobatic fetish this satisfies, I am sure.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: leln on September 06, 2012, 11:28:44 PM
Quote from: Suu on September 06, 2012, 08:51:35 PM

Part of me really wants to take exception to that statement, but then I remember that I'm biased on this subject.

While the video really screamed "CIRCUS" at me, I completely respect the level of skill demonstrated by the performers. Even if the woman dancing Odette weighs less than a hundred pounds, a male lead had to support that at a single point on his body while she was in an extension. Then he walked around while she "only" had to keep her balance.  :eek:

This type of performance probably isn't healthy and sure as heck isn't easy. Even if the video made me cringe for their collective joints, I was impressed.

If you can pull that off ONCE, you do it. Damn the consequences. They just went beyond anything I've seen. EVER.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Wizard Joseph

Here's one that's impressive and even moving on a whole different level.
WARNING: At least for me there was a political commercial attached to the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02BIEzxpIcY
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Not to get all "Requia" on you here, but calling that ballet makes Nijinsky cry.  If you need a spotter you're an acrobat, not a ballerina.

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."