News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

I've been prescribed beta blockers by my GP, to stop the anxiety feeding on itself.  I'm going back to the doc on Friday, and yesterday spent my time organising stuff for the possiblility of being admitted as a psych in patient, and texting one of mah femininjas every hour because of the self-harm thoughts, and making a butt load of jerk chicken and bean soup for the days I'm unable to cook.

They won't admit me or get a community mental health team on my case because I can actually plan for these things and sufficiently distract myself from following through on any self harm thoughts. That and actually harming myself would be letting the situation win, and I'm essentially too stubborn for that shit.

I'm going back on Friday to update them on the situation, and the group CBT is a no go for me now as I really need something more intensive on the counselling/therapy front.

I had a conversation with my mum yesterday that totally pushed me over the edge. she was going on about me getting pregnant so I could get social housing!?! As someone who doesn't want babbies or to form babby this was pressure I couldn't take. I got a decent nights sleep last night at a decent time for the first time in ages. Today I feel utterly wiped out.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pixie on October 30, 2012, 10:09:40 AM
I've been prescribed beta blockers by my GP, to stop the anxiety feeding on itself.  I'm going back to the doc on Friday, and yesterday spent my time organising stuff for the possiblility of being admitted as a psych in patient, and texting one of mah femininjas every hour because of the self-harm thoughts, and making a butt load of jerk chicken and bean soup for the days I'm unable to cook.

They won't admit me or get a community mental health team on my case because I can actually plan for these things and sufficiently distract myself from following through on any self harm thoughts. That and actually harming myself would be letting the situation win, and I'm essentially too stubborn for that shit.

I'm going back on Friday to update them on the situation, and the group CBT is a no go for me now as I really need something more intensive on the counselling/therapy front.

I had a conversation with my mum yesterday that totally pushed me over the edge. she was going on about me getting pregnant so I could get social housing!?! As someone who doesn't want babbies or to form babby this was pressure I couldn't take. I got a decent nights sleep last night at a decent time for the first time in ages. Today I feel utterly wiped out.

Good luck with it all.
Also, though i don't know anything about the relationship between you and your mom: Why do you still talk to her? That one remark, if made seriously, means she is mad as a hatter.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: :regret: on October 30, 2012, 12:22:26 PM

Good luck with it all.
Also, though i don't know anything about the relationship between you and your mom: Why do you still talk to her? That one remark, if made seriously, means she is mad as a hatter.

She's generally awesome and an inspirational woman of serious strength, it's just she can be fucking intense, and really, really wants more than one grandchild. She was just being flippant, but with the anxiety and not actually being able to see her facial expression, I didn't parse it that way.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pixie on October 30, 2012, 12:30:45 PM

Good luck with it all.

She's generally awesome and an inspirational woman of serious strength, it's just she can be fucking intense, and really, really wants more than one grandchild. She was just being flippant, but with the anxiety and not actually being able to see her facial expression, I didn't parse it that way.
Ah. Yeah, sometimes things just go wrong without it being anybody's fault.
Obligatory 'I quit X and so should you!' remark: Have you stopped taking caffein? That really helped me get rid of about 90% of my anxiety.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: :regret: on October 30, 2012, 02:21:16 PM
Quote from: Pixie on October 30, 2012, 12:30:45 PM

Good luck with it all.

Ah. Yeah, sometimes things just go wrong without it being anybody's fault.
Obligatory 'I quit X and so should you!' remark: Have you stopped taking caffein? That really helped me get rid of about 90% of my anxiety.

I'm off caffeine and booze till after they move out and I'm no longer on meds. I'm all about the chamomile tea.

So basically I'll be sober IN EDINBURGH on NEW YEARS EVE! I am Not Amused.

Pope Pixie Pickle

haha I violated the NO MARMITE rule in discordian recipes. What re you going to do about it, eh?

Nephew Twiddleton

Use marmite substitute or just satisfy my curiosity and see what beersludge butter tastes like.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 02:38:36 PM
Use marmite substitute or just satisfy my curiosity and see what beersludge butter tastes like.

I used Vegemite, actually in the recipe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on October 30, 2012, 09:49:02 AM
Quote from: CAKE on October 30, 2012, 07:20:54 AM
Boyfriend is asleep THAT'S STUPID. He should be entertaining me.  :argh!:

If you can't think of at least six entertaining ways to wake him...

That's just cruel, on a Monday night! Besides, he was asleep at HIS house, which is five miles away from my house.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good luck Pixie! Once the shitty housemates are gone things will get so much better for you!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Pixie on October 30, 2012, 03:00:42 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 02:38:36 PM

I used Vegemite, actually in the recipe.

I love Marmite, but I haven't tried vegemite. My only source of information on Vegemite is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVKPrQv1H8I

And good luck, Pixie.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Luna

Quote from: CAKE on October 30, 2012, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: Luna on October 30, 2012, 09:49:02 AM
Quote from: CAKE on October 30, 2012, 07:20:54 AM
Boyfriend is asleep THAT'S STUPID. He should be entertaining me.  :argh!:

If you can't think of at least six entertaining ways to wake him...

That's just cruel, on a Monday night! Besides, he was asleep at HIS house, which is five miles away from my house.

Never had a man say waking him is CRUEL, particularly when I'm feeling... inventive...  ;)  The five miles bit would complicate things, however, particualarly if locked doors are involved.

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Pope Pixie Pickle

fankoo guise!

mah fellow femininjas local to me have been awesomes, Jeanne skipped her Nieszche lecture to come to the doctor with me.. I kind of hate to think what it would've been like if I didn't know them..

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: CAKE on October 30, 2012, 03:53:34 PM
Good luck Pixie! Once the shitty housemates are gone things will get so much better for you!

let's also hope I don't slip into stress induced psychosis between now and February...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on October 30, 2012, 04:20:47 PM
Quote from: CAKE on October 30, 2012, 03:53:34 PM

let's also hope I don't slip into stress induced psychosis between now and February...

It's never slowed ME down...
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.