News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 08:29:07 PM
This is the only forum i really visit with any frequency because its the only one that holds my interest. Maybe it is endemic. I dunno.
Yeah, I've kind of abandoned the other two forums I used to spend time on. PD is kind of it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 30, 2012, 08:31:44 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 08:29:07 PM
This is the only forum i really visit with any frequency because its the only one that holds my interest. Maybe it is endemic. I dunno.
Yeah, I've kind of abandoned the other two forums I used to spend time on. PD is kind of it.

I'm kind of looking for a new one, myself.  The apathy and lassitude here has pretty much killed it for me over the last year or so.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

If it is endemic you may not find one. Youre right about facebook. Facebook groups are an attempt to absorb the model of a forum into social media. Because facebook is the walmart of the internet.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 08:42:44 PM
If it is endemic you may not find one. Youre right about facebook. Facebook groups are an attempt to absorb the model of a forum into social media. Because facebook is the walmart of the internet.

There are boards out there.  Just not many I can see on this computer.

And yeah, it's the WalMart of the internet.  And we lost ALL of our traffic to it.  Boy, it's a good thing we're brighter than the average ape. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

And truth be told i have very little interest in facebook groups either.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 08:44:41 PM
And truth be told i have very little interest in facebook groups either.

Most of them aren't even trollworthy.  It's like trying to troll Twitter.

Interestingly enough, I just got a PM explaining that the reason people don't post is "because you (me) are always complaining that people don't post".

Well, shit...I knew THAT.  I am responsible for all bad things.  Including, apparently, the sender's NEED to sulk and show me what for.

Nephew Twiddleton

Well would there be a way to redirect some of the activity back here? Perhaps everytime a new thread is started up post the link and only the link there and refuse to discuss it over at the groups?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 30, 2012, 08:47:36 PM
Well would there be a way to redirect some of the activity back here? Perhaps everytime a new thread is started up post the link and only the link there and refuse to discuss it over at the groups?

Go ahead, and let's see what happens.

Nephew Twiddleton

Wont be able to until i get back home. But its worth a shot.

The Good Reverend Roger

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

You'll forgive my lack of enthusiasm, but every time I get involved in something like this, I find out I'm on my own.

Sort of like Charley Brown trying to kick the football.   :lulz:

EK WAFFLR

I'm in on trying to generate more traffic here.
I frequent a couple of other forums too, and the only one with more traffic than PD is an ARG forum. The other ones are deader than this by a million miles.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Sita

Facebook is for games and keeping tabs on family (but I originally joined just for the games. I know, I'm weird). Why anyone would want to talk there is beyond me.

This cold or whatever it is seems to be on it's last stage for me, thank goodness. The boy has been home today with a fever, but hopefully be fine tomorrow. Poor kid is so looking forward to going trick-or-treating.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Luna

Sadly, FB is easier for me on weekdays because I can glance at it from work.  It rates two minute blocks of my time...  Here is much more of a time commitment... and posting here on my phone, especially with the touch-screen keyboard, gives me a migrane.

Also, I'm stupidly happy at the moment, so ranting doesn't work...  Lemme dig through my brainpan and see if there's anything else in there worth looking at.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."