News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Rather than hiring women based on their qualifications in the first place that is. The other side of this story is that womens groups were lobbying him to hire women. Romney treats mormon women differently than other women. He treats other women better. Because he knows he has to to maintain his image.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

He hired "binders full" of women when he was staffing his cabinent/senior staff because he wondered why there were no qualified women on the lists he was looking over. He says he went to women's groups for help, blah blah blah.

I don't buy that for a second. I'd have to do some research, but I'm betting there was a lot of hollering and demands that he eventually caved to (if he wasn't flat out lying about having the most equitably gendered cabinent/senior staff. Which is distinctly possible).
(so, what Twiddy said)
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Phox

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 01, 2012, 05:24:42 PM
He hired "binders full" of women when he was staffing his cabinent/senior staff because he wondered why there were no qualified women on the lists he was looking over. He says he went to women's groups for help, blah blah blah.

I don't buy that for a second. I'd have to do some research, but I'm betting there was a lot of hollering and demands that he eventually caved to (if he wasn't flat out lying about having the most equitably gendered cabinent/senior staff. Which is distinctly possible).
(so, what Twiddy said)
Yes, the women's group went to HIM.

Freeky

Nephew Twiddleton

For further insight into romneys character and how he treats women google judy dushku (who also happens to be elizas mother)

Juana

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 01, 2012, 05:32:05 PM
For further insight into romneys character and how he treats women google judy dushku (who also happens to be elizas mother)
"judy dushku mitt romney" was like the fourth google search suggestion.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Nephew Twiddleton

Shes a mormon prochoice feminist. Romney was her bishop. She gets contacted a lot- to the point where she said- this is the last interview im doing about romney. I have more important things to worry about.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Spent the last two days fighting with idiot pediatrics office to get medical records to the school before the little man gets kicked out of kindergarten tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Juana

Q. G. Pennyworth

Two shots he got three years ago that didn't get passed on to the new pediatrician because the old one was butts.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CAKE on November 01, 2012, 04:22:09 PM
I have a weird thing that I'm not sure how I feel about it.

So, one of my longtime friends has become friends with my former housemate, the one who is the psycho ex-girlfriend of another longtime friend. The one who tried to sabotage a bunch of my friendships.

I have had a party on Halloween night every Halloween for about ten years. It's normally my one big annual event that everyone expects and everyone comes to. I am actually getting quite sick of it, to tell the truth, but that's another story.

Anyway, about a week after I posted my invite, I started hearing from other people that my friend was also sending invites. They were confused, and assumed that she was passing along an invitation to my party. Turns out, actually, she had decided to have her own party, and psycho ex-housemate was in charge of the invites. I don't really have to read much into it for it to be obvious what that was all about; she decided to hold a competing party for psycho ex-housemate because psycho ex-housemate wasn't invited to mine.

So I don't know how I feel about this friend at this point. Not because it's some big betrayal, but because I know she's done pills with psycho ex-housemate and the party thing is weird and I'm not sure I trust her anymore. I feel like I should probably distance myself from her.

Yep.  Seriously.  Walk away.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 01, 2012, 08:06:54 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 01, 2012, 04:22:09 PM
I have a weird thing that I'm not sure how I feel about it.

So, one of my longtime friends has become friends with my former housemate, the one who is the psycho ex-girlfriend of another longtime friend. The one who tried to sabotage a bunch of my friendships.

I have had a party on Halloween night every Halloween for about ten years. It's normally my one big annual event that everyone expects and everyone comes to. I am actually getting quite sick of it, to tell the truth, but that's another story.

Anyway, about a week after I posted my invite, I started hearing from other people that my friend was also sending invites. They were confused, and assumed that she was passing along an invitation to my party. Turns out, actually, she had decided to have her own party, and psycho ex-housemate was in charge of the invites. I don't really have to read much into it for it to be obvious what that was all about; she decided to hold a competing party for psycho ex-housemate because psycho ex-housemate wasn't invited to mine.

So I don't know how I feel about this friend at this point. Not because it's some big betrayal, but because I know she's done pills with psycho ex-housemate and the party thing is weird and I'm not sure I trust her anymore. I feel like I should probably distance myself from her.

Yep.  Seriously.  Walk away.

Yeah... she sent me an apology/excuse about how ex-housemate asked her if she could throw a party at her place over a month ago, etc etc. and at first I was thinking "no hard feelings" but the more I thought about it the more I felt it's a cop-out.

And ex-housemate, AKA SWF, has often expressed how envious she is of my Halloween party. It was a direct bid to compete, to get friends to "choose" her over me. WHAT THE FUCK, IS THIS HIGH SCHOOL OR SOMETHING? Jesus! :lol:

I just don't have time for people who play weird power-attention games in my life. Although it is, you know, vaguely flattering that SWF wants to be me that desperately. Also, scary/squicky that she doesn't have enough friends of her own to have a party on her own.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And the funny thing is that I didn't even WANT to host the party. I would have been thrilled to tell everyone that it was as someone else's house this year.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CAKE on November 01, 2012, 09:37:36 PM
Yeah... she sent me an apology/excuse about how ex-housemate asked her if she could throw a party at her place over a month ago, etc etc. and at first I was thinking "no hard feelings" but the more I thought about it the more I felt it's a cop-out.

And ex-housemate, AKA SWF, has often expressed how envious she is of my Halloween party. It was a direct bid to compete, to get friends to "choose" her over me. WHAT THE FUCK, IS THIS HIGH SCHOOL OR SOMETHING? Jesus! :lol:

I just don't have time for people who play weird power-attention games in my life. Although it is, you know, vaguely flattering that SWF wants to be me that desperately. Also, scary/squicky that she doesn't have enough friends of her own to have a party on her own.

Yeah, I have utterly run out of patience with control games and passive aggressive shit, so I know where you're at. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 01, 2012, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 01, 2012, 09:37:36 PM

Yeah, I have utterly run out of patience with control games and passive aggressive shit, so I know where you're at.

I don't think people expect me to confront things like this directly. I hate petty sideways drama bullshit. SWF WANTS it to turn into drama, because it makes her feel important to suck people into her games, but that's not gonna happen.