News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

So, we need a definition of beauty.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 21, 2012, 08:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PANGO! on October 24, 2012, 08:04:09 PM
HOW IS IT ENTIRE THREAD FOR "DEFINITION OF BEAUTY" TAKE 8 PAGES, AND NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU PATHETIC DOGS HAS MENTIONED BREASTS?

NOW, PANGO REALIZE THAT SOMETIMES THE BEAUTY IS NOT SO MUCH IN THE FACE. BUT GENTLEMEN, BEAUTY IS LOVE, NO? AND WHO MAKE THE LOVE TO A FACE? NOT PANGO.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 08:58:55 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 24, 2012, 08:54:29 PM
I'd watch THAT, too. On Pay-Per-View.  :lulz:

My talent is that I can play The Star-Spangled Banner on the harmonica...

...With my ass.

STUNNING.

Are you ready for THE QUESTIONS? Like "Describe yourself in three adjectives and explain why." "What or who motivates you, and why?" "Tell me something that will make me remember you." "Do you think you can make an impact on society? How?"

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 24, 2012, 08:35:25 PM
And I know what's going to happen when I start talking up this "physical beauty is a fucked up standard for judging the intrinsic worth of people":

"YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!!!!!:x

:horrormirth: True story.

It's like the go-to for idiots on the internet who don't have a counterargument; they go right to "You're  just mad 'cause you're ugly!"

I can't tell you how many times I've had people point out that my nose is big. A. as if I don't know, and B. as if it has a bearing on the validity of my words.

And, adding to that, I've had many, many people inform me that I'm ugly on the inside because I poked holes in their arguments or pointed out that they said something that made them look foolish. Ugly, mean, angry, bitter, etc.

They're all ways of dismissing the person instead of the argument, and they don't even make any sense.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:10:21 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've had people point out that my nose is big. A. as if I don't know, and B. as if it has a bearing on the validity of my words.

It must suck, being addicted to featureless, bland barbie doll faces.

QuoteAnd, adding to that, I've had many, many people inform me that I'm ugly on the inside because I poked holes in their arguments or pointed out that they said something that made them look foolish. Ugly, mean, angry, bitter, etc.

Yep, happens to me all the time.  Of course I AM a little ugly on the inside.  Or filthy.  One of the two.

QuoteThey're all ways of dismissing the person instead of the argument, and they don't even make any sense.

It beats saying "Oh, I was wrong.", which totally annihilates your e-cred and makes your peter shrivel up like a week-old hotdog.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 24, 2012, 09:08:06 PM
STUNNING.

Are you ready for THE QUESTIONS? Like "Describe yourself in three adjectives and explain why." "What or who motivates you, and why?" "Tell me something that will make me remember you." "Do you think you can make an impact on society? How?"

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

1.  Horrible, Sexy, and Drunken.  And SHUT UP, that's why.

2.  I am motivated by rage.  Because you're all stupid and shut up.

3.  I have more critters running around in my fur than Courtney Love does.  Try to forget THAT.

4.  Yes.  And I'm going to do it with a 9 pound hammer.

I have this shit DOWN.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 09:13:30 PM

QuoteAnd, adding to that, I've had many, many people inform me that I'm ugly on the inside because I poked holes in their arguments or pointed out that they said something that made them look foolish. Ugly, mean, angry, bitter, etc.

Yep, happens to me all the time.  Of course I AM a little ugly on the inside.  Or filthy.  One of the two.
WE HAVE A WINNAR. *throws rose bouquets*

QuoteThey're all ways of dismissing the person instead of the argument, and they don't even make any sense.

It beats saying "Oh, I was wrong.", which totally annihilates your e-cred and makes your peter shrivel up like a week-old hotdog.

THAT^

It's always something irrelevant. One of the facebook groups I go to is pretty heavily modded, as far as flaming people about appearance and the like. So I got told last night that I was "forceful" and my argument had a "weird passive aggressive vibe".

Not sure how a person can be both, simultaneously. I asked the person to point out what was "passive aggressive".

Crickets.  :lulz:

So yeah. If they can't argue a point, they're going to jump all over a nose that doesn't look like a fucking pencil.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have also been accused of "never admitting I'm wrong", which is patent bullshit because I'M WRONG ALL THE TIME and I just say so, apologize if warranted, and move on, and then everyone promptly forgets about it.

It's great for creating the illusion that I'm right all the time and that I don't back down, but unfortunately, that is truly only an illusion.

That must be why my penis fell off. :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on October 24, 2012, 09:22:13 PM

WE HAVE A WINNAR. *throws rose bouquets*

THAT^

It's always something irrelevant. One of the facebook groups I go to is pretty heavily modded, as far as flaming people about appearance and the like. So I got told last night that I was "forceful" and my argument had a "weird passive aggressive vibe".

Not sure how a person can be both, simultaneously. I asked the person to point out what was "passive aggressive".

Crickets.  :lulz:

So yeah. If they can't argue a point, they're going to jump all over a nose that doesn't look like a fucking pencil.

I love how people can so easily decide that if your argument is better than their argument, you're actually just being mean.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:51:06 PM

I have also been accused of "never admitting I'm wrong", which is patent bullshit because I'M WRONG ALL THE TIME and I just say so, apologize if warranted, and move on, and then everyone promptly forgets about it.

It's great for creating the illusion that I'm right all the time and that I don't back down, but unfortunately, that is truly only an illusion.

Maybe if you used something other glue made from the nails of hipsters, shit wouldn't be falling off you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All this is making me want to go troll some atheists. God, they're fun, especially when I point out that they're saying stupid things. It's like lighting an anthill on fire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: American Jackal on October 24, 2012, 09:53:48 PM

Maybe if you used something other glue made from the nails of hipsters, shit wouldn't be falling off you.

Hipsters just don't have enough collagen. :(

The Good Reverend Roger

And killed three passers-by on the ground.  :cry:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:55:49 PM
All this is making me want to go troll some atheists. God, they're fun, especially when I point out that they're saying stupid things. It's like lighting an anthill on fire.

I like pointing out that "faithfool" is about the same as saying "faggot".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 24, 2012, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: Man Green on October 24, 2012, 09:55:49 PM

I like pointing out that "faithfool" is about the same as saying "faggot".

They don't like having bigotry defined for them very much, I've found.  :lol:

Also, the "Look at how many people religion has killed! ATHEISM HAS NEVER KILLED ANYONE" argument goes silent really fucking fast when you point out things like, oh, Mao and Stalin and Pol Pot.

As far as I'm concerned, intolerant, militant Atheists are exactly like intolerant, militant any-other-us-vs-them group.