News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

A weird, creepy article with an agenda

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 25, 2012, 06:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Discuss: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/

QuoteWomen aren't women anymore.

To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven't changed much – they had no revolution that demanded it – but women have changed dramatically.

In a nutshell, women are angry. They're also defensive, though often unknowingly. That's because they've been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

Now the men have nowhere to go.

It is precisely this dynamic – women good/men bad – that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s.

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is – hold on to your seats – women's fault?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/#ixzz2DDFwyJ7W
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

You think that's creepy?  Try checking out her personal site.  She describes herself as an "Author.  Speaker.  Wife.  Mother" and has another website/book called "How To Choose A Husband".

A teacher-turned author and social critic, Suzanne Venker is, first and foremost, a wife and mother of two school-age children. She has written extensively about politics, parenting, and the influence of feminism on American society. Her articles and posts have appeared in the New York Post, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Parents.com, Human Events, World Net Daily, CNSnews.com, and others. She also had a personal blog for a year and a half called No Bull Mom.

Suzanne is a frequent guest on HuffPo Live and an occasional contributor to National Review Online. She has appeared on ABC, CNN, FOX, and C-Span — as well as hundreds of radio shows throughout the country, including the Laura Ingraham Show and Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk.

Suzanne's work has been dubbed controversial because of her willingness to take on subjects that are considered "off limits" for public debate. Her first book, 7 Myths of Working Mothers (Spence Publishing, 2004), argues that young children and demanding careers are incompatible. Her second book, The FLIPSIDE of FEMINISM (WND Books, 2011), is an explosive account on the damage left in the wake of the feminist movement. And in How to Choose a Husband, Suzanne takes on her biggest subject yet: the sexual revolution and its effect on marriage and the family.

Suzanne graduated from Boston University in 1990 and lives in St. Louis, MO, with her husband and their two children. She has been profiled in the Webster-Kirkwood Times and the Riverfront Times of St. Louis.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm a little surprised that the author is a woman.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bruno

Sounds familiar.

There was a preacherman from Alabama at my parent's church earlier this year who was making similar arguments.

I may have a recording of it on an old phone somewhere.
Formerly something else...

Telarus

Aren't those the same anti-fem arguments that RAW pointed out to Ayn Rand as being "totally wack" (not a direct quote)??

(Hmm, I know that RAW and Rand's fallout was due to his explaining General Semantics via mathematic notation, and her quipping "I don't believe in math"..... maybe its this I'm thinking of... http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/robert-anton-wilson-natural-law-or-don-t-put-a-rubber-on-your-willy )
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Pope Pixie Pickle

Lenin McCarthy

Mostly straight, white middle-class male me is somehow the victim, and there are people out there who don't immediately dismiss that notion as absurd. :horrormirth: 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2012, 06:52:06 AM
I'm a little surprised that the author is a woman.

I'm not. Many women who have chosen to buy in are the most ardent supporters of patriarchy, because they also have to keep convincing themselves that it's The One True Only Right Way.

I think it feels better on their egos than simply admitting that they prefer to be taken care of.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2012, 06:32:17 AM
You think that's creepy?  Try checking out her personal site.  She describes herself as an "Author.  Speaker.  Wife.  Mother" and has another website/book called "How To Choose A Husband".

A teacher-turned author and social critic, Suzanne Venker is, first and foremost, a wife and mother of two school-age children. She has written extensively about politics, parenting, and the influence of feminism on American society. Her articles and posts have appeared in the New York Post, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Parents.com, Human Events, World Net Daily, CNSnews.com, and others. She also had a personal blog for a year and a half called No Bull Mom.

Suzanne is a frequent guest on HuffPo Live and an occasional contributor to National Review Online. She has appeared on ABC, CNN, FOX, and C-Span — as well as hundreds of radio shows throughout the country, including the Laura Ingraham Show and Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk.

Suzanne's work has been dubbed controversial because of her willingness to take on subjects that are considered "off limits" for public debate. Her first book, 7 Myths of Working Mothers (Spence Publishing, 2004), argues that young children and demanding careers are incompatible. Her second book, The FLIPSIDE of FEMINISM (WND Books, 2011), is an explosive account on the damage left in the wake of the feminist movement. And in How to Choose a Husband, Suzanne takes on her biggest subject yet: the sexual revolution and its effect on marriage and the family.

Suzanne graduated from Boston University in 1990 and lives in St. Louis, MO, with her husband and their two children. She has been profiled in the Webster-Kirkwood Times and the Riverfront Times of St. Louis.

Oh lord.

I feel a rage coming on.

Luna

"Dear Women,

If you can't find a man to marry, it's because you're SUCCESSFUL in your career.  Men's fragile little egos can't handle it if your job pays more than yours does.  (That's why it's so hard to find a job that will pay a woman as much as it does a man, it's usually a man setting those pay rates.)

Drop out of college, be "feminine," as men define the word.  Take whatever shit they choose to give you, be totally dependent on him to provide for you.  Put yourself in a position where you never will dare to leave him, because you have no job, no experience, and no way to support yourselves and your children.  Let him stray, when you bore him, let him slap you around, you DESERVED it, after all.  Don't worry your pretty little head about thinking, he'll TELL you what to think."

:vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:   :vom:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Cue up Kanye West's "Blame Game" and pour the whine.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Juana

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on November 25, 2012, 02:43:27 PM
Mostly straight, white middle-class male me is somehow the victim, and there are people out there who don't immediately dismiss that notion as absurd. :horrormirth: 
"What do you MEAN, I can't have everything? I have to settle for most of everything? THAT'S NOT FAIR!"
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not to even start on how demeaning her position is toward men... see, these poor, hapless creatures really WANT to take care of women, but we insist on being willfully self-sufficient, robbing them of their purpose in life, so they're pissed off at us and, to punish us, are retreating into an extended childhood.

They can't help it, it's INSTINCTIVE.

Cain

Just worth noting:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/2012/11/post-2.html

Quoteit is my opinion that hollywood has robbed america of its manliness and made us a nation of eunuchs who lacking all manliness welcome in the coming police state.

Also worth noting, the author of that particular sentence does not use capital letters at all during his bizarre diatribe.  And he is an "editor-publisher" (read: owner) of the Niagara Falls Reporter.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 25, 2012, 11:20:27 PM
Just worth noting:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/2012/11/post-2.html

Quoteit is my opinion that hollywood has robbed america of its manliness and made us a nation of eunuchs who lacking all manliness welcome in the coming police state.

Also worth noting, the author of that particular sentence does not use capital letters at all during his bizarre diatribe.  And he is an "editor-publisher" (read: owner) of the Niagara Falls Reporter.

What what what

What the hell WAS that?  :horrormirth: