News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

So What's A White Boy To Do?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 27, 2012, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: American Jackal on November 30, 2012, 07:01:09 AM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 05:57:40 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on November 30, 2012, 05:47:10 AM
Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 30, 2012, 04:35:14 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on November 30, 2012, 12:03:28 AM
SGitR.  'Nuff said.

Yep. It's unfortunate.

It is!  When he isn't being a douche SGitR, he can be insightful.

What's SGitR?

The jackass that is so used to being the Smartest Guy in the Room that he assumes he will continue to be smarter or more educated over a wide variety things regardless of the truth.

Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 06:04:55 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 30, 2012, 12:08:42 AM
Yeah, I guess the two things he said that weren't retarded really WERE an anomaly. More's the pity.

There's a pattern here, have you noticed?   :)

"holist agrees with me" - hey-ho, he may be a biped after all!

"holist doesn't agree with me and does not shut up about it no matter how rude I get" - hey, he is an asshole after all, what a pity!

Boring.

Nope.

You are a jackass.

It is completely possible to disagree with people here and still be considered a biped, but you would know that if you pulled your blinders off and stopped looking for ways to be offended and insulted.

Actually, friend, it seems to me that depends to a rather significant degree on what you disagree about. I don't wear blinders and I am not looking for ways to be offended and insulted. The "random insults for laughs" style adopted by some members has at times raised by paranoia to unacceptable levels, but I have my hand on the button, and it tweaks.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I guess the two things he said that weren't retarded really WERE an anomaly. More's the pity.

"holist doesn't agree with me and does not shut up about it no matter how rude I get" - hey, he is an asshole after all, what a pity!

Boring.

Actually, holist, it has nothing to do with what you say and everything to do with how you say it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 30, 2012, 10:51:45 AM

Boring.

Actually, holist, it has nothing to do with what you say and everything to do with how you say it.

Being a smug passive aggressive little fuckwit will never win peoples respect, Holist.

LMNO

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 30, 2012, 04:41:36 AM
It's not that people can't HAVE sacred indian objects, it's that they can't BUY them.

But wouldn't you think that the people buying them don't really consider those objects sacred in the first place?

Additionally, I wouldn't think that 'sacredness' is a finite resource.  If you have a sacred (to you) drum, and someone buys it, making it no longer sacred (to you), can't you just make another sacred (to you) drum?

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 30, 2012, 10:51:45 AM

Boring.

Well if that is indeed the case, I have a problem with that...

The problem being that with written communication, misreading tone, especially between people of widely different cultural backgrounds, is very frequent. And the way to get around it is to assume that the person is being open, friendly or possibly attempting some freaky-ass humour before jumping to the conclusion that they are being pissy. And what is being said should get and keep centre stage. Unless one is there for drama and playacting, which is, of course, a perfectly respectable motivation.

AFK

It would seem to me that sacredness is in the heart of the beholder.  It is cultural, but also very individual.  A Bible is just a book to me, even though I grew up in a very devout Baptist culture.  But to my Mom & Dad, their Bible is completely sacred. 

For me, as an individual, my musical instruments are very sacred to me because I have a very spiritual attachment to music, that sacredness COULD be transferrable if the person buying had a similar spirituallness with regards to music, or maybe it's just a thing to them. 

So I think there are a lot of variables at play depending on who is selling or buying any kind of cultural artifact or object.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Pixie on November 30, 2012, 11:14:12 AM

Being a smug passive aggressive little fuckwit will never win peoples respect, Holist.

I'm not smug, I'm just not insecure.

I'm not passive at all, I don't see where you get that.

Agressive: yes. Wow! An agressive member on PD! Heavens. By PD standards, I'm not even all that aggressive.

(By the way, just in case you feel the inclination to hand out free English lessons, I know what "passive aggressive" means. There is a great deal of that behaviour going on around here, I agree. But it ain't me.)

Little fuckwit: Well, I'm short, if that's what you mean, but quite fat... and no. I am not a fuckwit, nor a mouthbreather, nor an idiot, nor a robot, nor a... whatever. As I said, when I first turned up here, I am a bear about. Try to live with it.

People's respect? Is that a subject you feel you are an expert on?

Your respect? No thanks. Keep puking on me, it just adds to my burnish.  :lulz:

Holist? - holist. Puhleeze!

The Good Reverend Roger

Boring.

Except that nobody said you might be a biped after all.  We agreed with you on a couple of things.

Fact is, you're an unpleasant asshole.  That can be okay, if you're funny about it.

You aren't.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Thread is now about Holist.  Again.

Thread split on request.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Why do people keep responding to him?

Elder Iptuous

because it's part of our sacred culture.

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

LMNO

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 02:12:30 PM
Except that nobody said you might be a biped after all. 

I think you'll find, oh All-Seeing-One, that somebody did.

We agreed with you on a couple of things.

Yes.

Fact is, you're an unpleasant asshole.

Actually, the fact is somewhat different to that.
The fact is that you think I am an unpleasant asshole.

Coming from such an accomplished unpleasant asshole as yourself, I should take that opinion seriously.

But I can't, because I know I am not an unpleasant asshole. I get plenty of feedback, from plenty of people who have not only read a couple of hundred things I've written for a bunch of American nutters, but who actually have known me for years. So I know. You ain't talking me out of it, comprende?

That can be okay, if you're funny about it.
It can even be okay if you are not funny about it. You yourself are living proof.

You aren't.

Not your kind of funny.

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 03:15:29 PM
The fact is that you think I am an unpleasant asshole.

Yeah, well, in social situations, perception is everything.