News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

A few thoughts on the latest round of White Guilt discussions

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 28, 2012, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on December 06, 2012, 05:20:30 AM
Quote from: Pixie on December 06, 2012, 02:07:07 AM
May be time for a polar bear fur coat, godamnit.

I'm starting to work out who is who though.

Well done! Did you also hit on the idea of hitting their post-list, scrolling back a few days and finding something memorable by them?

You smart!

Standard procedure for a round of name changes, dawg.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: hølist on December 06, 2012, 05:23:07 AM

Well done! Did you also hit on the idea of hitting their post-list, scrolling back a few days and finding something memorable by them?

You smart!

Was kinda the point I was making? Take a class in irony.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Don Coyote

Quote from: holist on December 06, 2012, 05:27:49 AM

You smart!

There is no irony in your statements.
Maybe you should take your supplements?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: H0list on December 06, 2012, 05:45:29 AM
Quote from: holist on December 06, 2012, 05:27:49 AM

You smart!

There is no irony in your statements.
Maybe you should take your supplements?

I think he maybe does not know what the word "irony" means and is confusing it for "sarcasm".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

At this point, I just think he's an irredeemable asshole.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Juana

Interesting to poke for a little while, maybe. But I think we've seen all the tricks this pony has.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pope Pixie Pickle

You smart!

Doing that would take the fun out of it all. NO I JUST WAIT TILL THE OTHER BEARS MENTION SOMETHING THAT REMINDS ME WHO IS WHO. For srs.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 06:10:55 AM

What he is, is BORING.  We've seen it all before.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 01:54:51 PM
Mhm. He's just extra insufferable.

He's like an annoying commercial that doesn't come on every day, but when it comes on, it gets played 3 fucking times per commercial break.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mangrove

I find it much more entertaining to treat all Holists equally. All Holists display quantum entanglement, so if you zing one of them, you zing them all.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 06, 2012, 01:42:43 PM

This is what I meant, Garbo was giving him too much credit.  Irredeemable assholes are interesting, even if you wouldn't want to share rice pudding with them.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Hoopla on December 06, 2012, 05:27:48 PM

This is what I meant, Garbo was giving him too much credit.  Irredeemable assholes are interesting, even if you wouldn't want to share rice pudding with them.

Well yeah.

A guy in the bus station (these places are frequented by these types) was telling me that his ex girlfriend made big money doing plate jobs for Wall St. CEO's. On a certain level, they DO feel guilt for being irredeemable assholes, but instead of not fucking people over, they're into humiliation and eating poomp.

THAT'S interesting.

Holist, no.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on December 06, 2012, 05:41:57 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on December 06, 2012, 05:27:48 PM

Well yeah.

A guy in the bus station (these places are frequented by these types) was telling me that his ex girlfriend made big money doing plate jobs for Wall St. CEO's. On a certain level, they DO feel guilt for being irredeemable assholes, but instead of not fucking people over, they're into humiliation and eating poomp.

THAT'S interesting.

Holist, no.

Bus stations are like that.