News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Norway is different because it actually gets cold there, and the trees are used to it. You can drive around all willy-nilly, or even walk, in proper snow. That's why people who are from places that have real snow and it gets nice and cold are so unprepared for what happens here. The temperature very rarely goes below 28 degrees, and what happens sometimes is that it fluctuate rapidly between freezing and not-freezing, or the upper atmosphere will be warm and the lower atmosphere will be cold, so that rain falls and freezes when it hits the ground. You get solid sheets of ice that are wet on top. It's horrible. I think the Northeast gets this shit too, but they get proper frozen snow more often, so the first thing people do when it snows isn't panic and go home.

I tell people who come here from places where it snows not to drive in it, but they always scoff it off and think that it's just that Portlanders don't know how to drive in snow. So they try it, and wreck their cars. Luckily they don't usually make it as far as the river.

It isn't snow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Pæs on December 19, 2012, 06:57:00 PM
TOO MANY HOLISTS. WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE ONE HOLISTIC HOLIST.

I'd prefer a HOLISTICAUST.

Nephew Twiddleton

Heres where lmno convinces us to all get in the shower.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Don't give away the ending!

SPOILER ALERT:

"Zyklon B" is what I call my penis.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

One of my coworkers just asked me what i was laughing at. Glad i didnt have to explain it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Commence xmas music related psychosis therapy. Start off with saxon. Then spinal tap which is the fictional saxon.

Suu

My university interface just went down with me mid-exam.  :x :x :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hirley0

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 19, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
I have to go downtown today, and the threat of "snow" is hovering.

At least I'm taking the streetcar. I may have to stand in the cold for an hour as that thing follows no discernible schedule, but at least if it "snows" I won't die.

Does it actually snow in Portland, or does it just fall from the sky as polluted, grey slush?

THERE IS A BLACK CAR WITH ITS LIGHTS ON
followed by a blue car with its lights off
headed down Salmon st for the River
and only the sound of 1 chopper
in the sky: no sign of snow at 1:
Wind seams to be blowing
from the south? down 10th
twards Burnside. chopper
in close approach | oh My
well i ..

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hirley0 on December 19, 2012, 09:00:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2012, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 19, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
I have to go downtown today, and the threat of "snow" is hovering.

At least I'm taking the streetcar. I may have to stand in the cold for an hour as that thing follows no discernible schedule, but at least if it "snows" I won't die.

Does it actually snow in Portland, or does it just fall from the sky as polluted, grey slush?

THERE IS A BLACK CAR WITH ITS LIGHTS ON
followed by a blue car with its lights off
headed down Salmon st for the River
and only the sound of 1 chopper
in the sky: no sign of snow at 1:
Wind seams to be blowing
from the south? down 10th
twards Burnside. chopper
in close approach | oh My
well i ..

DON'T TAKE ANY GUFF FROM THOSE BASTARDS, HIRLEY0!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Wow.

So, I have this different rate plan for massage than most people. Mostly because I cannot bill insurance and would like to help the uninsured afford to live pain free lives as well.

I charge $85 for the first massage in the month, and then that person (and one other person the choose spouse, SO, whatever) pay $35 per massage for the rest of the month for as many as they want.

This is an average savings of $110 per month. I take a big drop in profits, but I'm not really in it for that. Plus, i could charge $2000 for a massage, but it doesn't do me a dick-bit of good if no-one buys a single one. I get a lot of repeats this way. I stole the idea from a massage franchise company that pays their LMTs $10 per hour. HA!

Anyway, the point is this:
I just had a client cancel because they thought I said it was $35 for a whole month's worth of massage and realized their error. :lol: WTH?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Don Coyote

evidently getting a 3.4 in american history is not good enough for some people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on December 19, 2012, 09:27:08 PM
Wow.

So, I have this different rate plan for massage than most people. Mostly because I cannot bill insurance and would like to help the uninsured afford to live pain free lives as well.

I charge $85 for the first massage in the month, and then that person (and one other person the choose spouse, SO, whatever) pay $35 per massage for the rest of the month for as many as they want.

This is an average savings of $110 per month. I take a big drop in profits, but I'm not really in it for that. Plus, i could charge $2000 for a massage, but it doesn't do me a dick-bit of good if no-one buys a single one. I get a lot of repeats this way. I stole the idea from a massage franchise company that pays their LMTs $10 per hour. HA!

Anyway, the point is this:
I just had a client cancel because they thought I said it was $35 for a whole month's worth of massage and realized their error. :lol: WTH?

People are DUMB.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: H0list on December 19, 2012, 09:31:47 PM
evidently getting a 3.4 in american history is not good enough for some people.

People are DUMB.

Freeky

So, I guess my cousin's oldest boy was taken away from her (by Child Protective Services, I am assuming) and given to his father at some point since Thanksgiving.  Now Dad and wife don't want the boy anymore, and my aunt is at some sort of emergency meeting trying to get the boy back into my cousin's custody.

Let me repeat that.  They DO NOT WANT him.

Two or three whole weeks, man.  ERHMAHGERB, PARENTING IS SOOOOO HAAAAARD.