News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

I believe I'm getting money for books, which I will be using part of to buy a graphics tablet with Shoe Ears.

I fucking hate shoe shopping. I need new sneakers and my go-to style since, like, middle school seems to have disappeared. They're comfortable, they can survive years of me beating the living hell out of them, and they're simple enough I can wear them with anything, anywhere. WHERE DID THEY GO?
Is this going to be like lipstick, where if I like a pair I should buy three so I don't have to do this again for a decade?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on December 24, 2012, 11:52:38 PM
Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on December 24, 2012, 10:24:16 PM
I got a vintage rapier for Xmas. A fucking rapier. Happy now.
That is cool!
I got a banjo, a bible and a huge bottle of mead. I'm quite happy now too.

Nice! I'm getting the rest of the prezzies tomorrow. Hoping for cash and a suit.
What kind of mead is it? Suttung or Valhall?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's fucking cold. I hate the cold.

My studio is fucking cold as hell.

People want me to make stuff. I actually have the time to make stuff. But FUCK my studio is cold!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Villager also took up the sinterklaas tradition. We both got each other dalek related stuff and ended our respective poems with EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!!! :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 25, 2012, 02:56:15 AM
Villager also took up the sinterklaas tradition. We both got each other dalek related stuff and ended our respective poems with EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!!! :lulz:

Cute!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

It really was!

I got her a plush talking dalek and she got me a dalek alarm clock (i asked for practical and the depth of my sleep is noted)

Disco Pickle

i got the girl a plush chocobo, a sweet firefly shirt, and a laptop, because hers sucks and she has to have a good laptop as a teacher. she got me a roll on bed liner for my Jeep, a leather bound edition of the hitchhikers guide, and a game of thrones companion book.  we got the cat a box. merry Christmas pd.  safe travels if you do. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

I cant see rigers pic but i feel poor suddenly.

Villager also got my pyrex which i am very happy about.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My big plans were to get drunk on wine spritzers, go to bed early, and watch SyFy channel shows on Netflix. So I got all ready, and Netflix was down. After trying unsuccessfully to get either Hulu or Amazon Prime to stream, I gave up and went to sleep.

Now I'm awake. :crankey:

This was not the plan.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OMG OMG

BEST OK CUPID MESSAGE EVER:

QuoteWoW! I remember that very same look within the eyes of the Rev. Jim Jones; and now it is the ObamaNation, followers. Only in Portland; within the Village of the Damned, can you so freely gather.

From http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TouchableHeart

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I also got this one:

QuoteDear Pretty Girl, I have enjoyed reading your Profile, the creative ones are always more interesting, I have a feeling most Men whom you share yourself with, feel themselves to be fortunate, as you appear to be a very attractive Feminine Woman ( with lovely hair )(smile). If you should find me interesting I would love to have you with a cocktail in the near future to see if you connect? In the mean time I wish you, and those you love a very Merry Holiday and New Year. Sincerely, J---- B-------

Nephew Twiddleton

What kind of cocktail do people usually have you with?

AFK

Well, so far Xmas Eve and Xmas have been pretty decent.  But, it's pretty easy when you've got a couple of crazy, happy kids.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.