News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, this sucks.  I guess I'll just take a nap.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I've decided to get a bass drum head with the Scrid on it.  Should look something like this, only clearer:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Sorry, was at the docs getting more PILLS HERE!

LMNO

I think this is the deadest it's been in months. 

EK WAFFLR

Hello?
Anyone? I AM A BEAR HALP PLZ
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 10, 2012, 06:47:19 PM
I think this is the deadest it's been in months.

Well, here's the thing:  There's usually plenty of people HERE, they just don't SAY anything.  I don't know whether it's because everyone's on a cell phone (making idle chat harder to do) or if they just can't be arsed to say anything.  If it's the latter, it's probably because we don't DO much here anymore.  Remember Werewolf and The Spiders?  I'm not saying to do those particular things again, but if the board is all idle chat, soon you don't even have that.

Just my 2 bits.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Hell, I'm still here either way.  I'm comfortable ranting to an empty room.

If nothing else, I can C&P it to Scrubgenius when I get home.

EK WAFFLR

You ain't getting' rid of me either. I might not have much to rant/write/shout/scream about, but when i do, there is no other place I want to do it.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

So, finished the confined space entry/critical lift to get the baffle back in reactor 100.  Now I have to head back out to put the damn dome on it, and then the agitator gearbox.

Cranes all damn day.  :crankey:

Juana

Good to hear you're fine, Roger. I didn't have too much time to do more than take a looksee around, but I was starting to worry a bit.

Quote from: Net on December 10, 2012, 12:26:46 PM
My little girl told me I'm not part of her family because I live so far away.

:sad:

That I don't know if she came to these conclusions on her own or from the suggestion of someone else is kind of excruciating.
Oh man, Net! :( I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get to talk to her about this.

Will not be around too much today or tomorrow afternoon.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 10, 2012, 07:57:53 PM
Good to hear you're fine, Roger. I didn't have too much time to do more than take a looksee around, but I was starting to worry a bit.

Even my crazed assassins are useless.  USELESS!   :argh!:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Slept like shit. Finally pulled my head off a pillow long enough to realize it was time to get up and almost killed someone. And by kill I mean that I almost shoved my roommate down the stairs because she was between me and the Pepsi and god damn it, I need to wake up. @#$@#$@#%@#$#$^#$^#$%@#%@#$!@#$!#$!

Good to see you're back and as whole as you were when you left, TGRR.

That sucks, NET. Sorry to hear it. :S
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dildo Argentino

I took a day off actually, and just lazed. This involved looking after 2.4-year old, going to the lakeside to check the ice (walkable/skateable in a couple-three days if all goes as planned) with dog, taking delivery of 5 dead and cleaned chickens, butterflying them, giving the heads ritually to dog who thinks it's christmas now, making chicken stock out of the legs and the spines and the gizzards (is that what you callem?). I fried up the livers for the missus, who was coming back from a hard day's work in the evening. I fried them in fairly small pieces in goosefat with some dijon mustard. A fight broke out when the two kids in residence were drawn in by the smell. In the meantime, I administrated over the phone, wrote a contract, an invoice, went to an antiques-dealer down the road who has some frames to sell to see about frames for the exhibition, arranged to have a faulty disk-drive picked up for repair/replacement... by evening I developed a decent cold, runny snot, sneezing, occasionally bouts of coughing, light-headed, probably heading for fever in the night, and all day I did not feel like opening PD. Sorry, Roger.  :lulz:
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on December 10, 2012, 04:31:14 PM
Quote from: Net on December 10, 2012, 12:26:46 PM
My little girl told me I'm not part of her family because I live so far away.

:sad:

That I don't know if she came to these conclusions on her own or from the suggestion of someone else is kind of excruciating.

Sit down with her and explain to the contrary, in terms little kids can understand, such as, distance doesn't matter, and you know lots of people who live very far away from each other and they are still family.

...Then, confront the mother. If she has something to do with it, just go, "Well, if I'm not family, I guess you don't need that child support." And watch the tone change REALLY FAST.

I am calling bullshit on almost everything in this post.

Net, whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE. Any of it.

1. The concept of "family" is much more complex and fluid than most of us realize, and a child that age is going through different stages of grasping the rules and structure of what "family" is. Especially in this era where "family" doesn't just mean "mommy and daddy and children" anymore, caregivers and teachers will often try to explain that it means "the people close to you, who love you". That's really, really abstract for a young mind. They will try to make it more concrete.

A confrontational conversation with her mother is completely counterproductive, whether it's something she said or not (and unless she's batshit enough to try to emotionally damage her OWN CHILD by telling her that her father isn't part of her family, it's incredibly unlikely that she did) because it will make her feel uncomfortable and defensive.

And obviously, threatening to withhold child support is utterly retarded and not something anyone should do, ever.

My advice: next time you talk to her, just say "Do you want to know something neat thing about family? Part of your family can be far away, but still be family!"

That adds to her lexicon of rules about defining "family".

Also, over the years kids will say really fucked up things as they sort through their world and try to make sense of it all. Try not to let it be more than a minor blip.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 10, 2012, 08:09:04 PM
Good to see you're back and as whole as you were when you left, TGRR.

That's an interesting qualifier.   :lulz: