News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 17, 2012, 06:52:43 PM
i was in a particularly happy mood the other day acting goofy around the house, and was infecting my wife with unreasonable giddiness when i looked looked right at her while doing a little bit of dancing and started to sing Mmm-bop.  i had my Mesmer on or something, because she about simultaneously started singing with me.
for about 3 seconds before realizing what was happening and looked at me as if i had slapped her.

Counseling.  Now.  For the both of you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2012, 07:06:52 PM
i was in a particularly happy mood the other day acting goofy around the house, and was infecting my wife with unreasonable giddiness when i looked looked right at her while doing a little bit of dancing and started to sing Mmm-bop.  i had my Mesmer on or something, because she about simultaneously started singing with me.
for about 3 seconds before realizing what was happening and looked at me as if i had slapped her.

Yep.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 17, 2012, 07:09:06 PM

Yep.

Not marriage counseling or abuse counseling (although given the song, that's debatable), but counseling on the ability to spontaneously hum a Hanson song without becoming violently ill, which indicates a deep-rooted mental problem that will probably end in parts of Texas burning down.

How's that grab you?  One day you turn on the TV, and Texas is exploding from one end to the other, and when they show the terrorists who did it, it's Iptuous and his wife, singing awful songs that don't even have real lyrics, and throwing dynamite bombs around.  Horrible, horrible.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Mmm bop is a!so stuck in my head now. Might happen to boston too. Imagine that even- armageddon happening spontaneously because ippie started singing mmm bop
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ho|ist on December 17, 2012, 07:15:58 PM
Mmm bop is a!so stuck in my head now. Might happen to boston too. Imagine that even- armageddon happening spontaneously because ippie started singing mmm bop

HE MUST BE STOPPED.

Fortunately, I am currently listening to Elton John's old stuff, so I'm immune.  Sucks to be you zombies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2012, 07:12:48 PM

Yep.

Not marriage counseling or abuse counseling (although given the song, that's debatable), but counseling on the ability to spontaneously hum a Hanson song without becoming violently ill, which indicates a deep-rooted mental problem that will probably end in parts of Texas burning down.

How's that grab you?  One day you turn on the TV, and Texas is exploding from one end to the other, and when they show the terrorists who did it, it's Iptuous and his wife, singing awful songs that don't even have real lyrics, and throwing dynamite bombs around.  Horrible, horrible.

:lulz: I am fortunate in that I don't even know what Hanson IS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 17, 2012, 07:17:16 PM

Yep.

DO NOT YOUTUBE.

For serious.  This is way worse than the normal shit we fling around here.  Don't do it.

And if you MUST do it, make sure the kids are out, or they'll beat you.

Nephew Twiddleton

Got frost heaves ep at my desk. Looks like ill need some of that for mental floss. Im getting some really bad songs stuck in my head today.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

For real.  Hansen is like having an ear infection that goes right through your head, from one side to the other.  While a tooth is going bad.  And you have typhoid.  And two broken legs.  And you used concertina wire for love beads.  All day.

Elder Iptuous

Well, i feel better about it all now.  :)

Twid, you're moving the program forward too quickly.
i had Right Said Fred set aside for the east coast.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 17, 2012, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: hølist on December 17, 2012, 07:17:16 PM

Yep.

DO NOT YOUTUBE.

For serious.  This is way worse than the normal shit we fling around here.  Don't do it.

And if you MUST do it, make sure the kids are out, or they'll beat you.

:lulz: It's probably really fortunate that I'm late for work right now, or I wouldn't be able to help myself.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 17, 2012, 07:22:06 PM
Well, i feel better about it all now.  :)

Twid, you're moving the program forward too quickly.
i had Right Said Fred set aside for the east coast.

Right Said Fred?  The guys who did "I'm Too Sexy"?

WHAT THE GIBBERING FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT?  Those guys are GENIUSES.

Like Frankie Goes to Hollywood, almost.

Elder Iptuous

you've seriously never heard mmm-bop?
that's incredible.

Pæs

My favourite is singing out "I said yeah!" and Signora Paes singing from somewhere in the house "Yeah!" then coming in and glaring at me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on December 17, 2012, 07:26:31 PM
you've seriously never heard mmm-bop?
that's incredible.

The radio was stolen out of my car a couple years ago.