Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2013, 03:28:02 AM
Quote from: Richter on January 03, 2013, 03:20:58 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2013, 03:10:56 AM
Quote from: Richter on January 03, 2013, 01:52:40 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2013, 12:08:59 AM
Annnnnnnd then the other shoe dropped.  Jesus fuck.

I hate this fucking planet.  And everyone on it.

Ahcrap - what happened?

We've had a bit of an embezzlement problem at work.  Spent the day with a few detectives, first being treated like I did it, then questioning employees.  Two of my best guys are up to their arses in it.  Tens of thousands of dollars.

We're probably going to put them in prison.  One of them is 69 years old, and was 4 months from retirement.  And what HE actually did wasn't that bad.  At the very least, they're out of work...The criminal case is kinda weak, but from an HR standpoint, they're done.

That would explain the "Quiet"  .  There is a palpable change in air pressure as hammers drop.

Bites for them, especially needing to now barf cash to lawyers.  Hope you're well clear of it all.

Yeah, I'm clear.  They were stripping platinum out of instruments.  About a KILOGRAM of it, over a long period of time.

Started off with the old guy, who realized just what we were throwing in the scrap metal dumpster.  Thing is, the younger guy got a taste of it, and started finding creative ways to make good instruments bad.  Then he just started checking them out on non-existent jobs, and stripping them.  Now they're both in the cacky.  Also, the young guy was QUICK to drop a dime on the old guy, and to make it out that the old guy was selling it, too.  Turns out the old guy is a metalworker as a hobby, and still has every scrap of the metal HE took.  He might wiggle off the hook because of that, legally, but he's toast as far as a job goes.

And you have to treat them the same. Like twins.

FUCK.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 03, 2013, 03:33:07 AM

Ahcrap - what happened?

We've had a bit of an embezzlement problem at work.  Spent the day with a few detectives, first being treated like I did it, then questioning employees.  Two of my best guys are up to their arses in it.  Tens of thousands of dollars.

We're probably going to put them in prison.  One of them is 69 years old, and was 4 months from retirement.  And what HE actually did wasn't that bad.  At the very least, they're out of work...The criminal case is kinda weak, but from an HR standpoint, they're done.

That would explain the "Quiet"  .  There is a palpable change in air pressure as hammers drop.

Bites for them, especially needing to now barf cash to lawyers.  Hope you're well clear of it all.

Yeah, I'm clear.  They were stripping platinum out of instruments.  About a KILOGRAM of it, over a long period of time.

Started off with the old guy, who realized just what we were throwing in the scrap metal dumpster.  Thing is, the younger guy got a taste of it, and started finding creative ways to make good instruments bad.  Then he just started checking them out on non-existent jobs, and stripping them.  Now they're both in the cacky.  Also, the young guy was QUICK to drop a dime on the old guy, and to make it out that the old guy was selling it, too.  Turns out the old guy is a metalworker as a hobby, and still has every scrap of the metal HE took.  He might wiggle off the hook because of that, legally, but he's toast as far as a job goes.

FUCK.

Yep.  And I can forgive ANY of this, on a moral level, except for the dropping the dime bit.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The Law is that we don't drop our buddies in the poop.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2013, 03:34:32 AM
Quote from: Anencephaly Zone Correspondent on January 03, 2013, 03:33:07 AM

Ahcrap - what happened?

FUCK.

Yep.  And I can forgive ANY of this, on a moral level, except for the dropping the dime bit.

WHAT IS THE LAW?

The Law is that we don't drop our buddies in the poop.

This all comes back to that Rugged Individualism shit, doesn't it? And the old guy didn't roll over.
Something seems to have gone rancid at some point in our lifetimes.

Richter

Damnit.

Ratting out your cohort, that just labels you scum.  If he's lucky no one finds that part out.

A buddy of mine and I were wondering if we could cash in on a similar scrap situation, minus the "break it on purpose" part.  We smelled that it would likely cause job trouble and let the stuff go out with the trash  (stable job being worth more than a one-time cash out)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on January 03, 2013, 03:51:28 AM
Damnit.

Ratting out your cohort, that just labels you scum.  If he's lucky no one finds that part out.

A buddy of mine and I were wondering if we could cash in on a similar scrap situation, minus the "break it on purpose" part.  We smelled that it would likely cause job trouble and let the stuff go out with the trash  (stable job being worth more than a one-time cash out)

Yep.

Stella:  Nope, the old guy wouldn't say SHIT about anyone else's actions.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2013, 04:00:35 AM
Damnit.

Yep.

Damn.  :cry:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2013, 04:00:35 AM
Damnit.

Yep.

That sucks, Roger. :( What a mess.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Insomnia at villagers.

At least anne marie and b are awake.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

I feel like Robert Ford.   :sad:

The Good Reverend Roger

Pretty sure this job is killing me.

LMNO

Have you considered leaving your job?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 03, 2013, 03:10:20 PM
Have you considered leaving your job?

All the good spots under the bridge are taken.  Nigel asked me the same thing last night.

I have 2 more years, and then TGG is done with high school.  I just have to hang in that long.

Nephew Twiddleton

I think i might have something for the evil new england mythos thanks to one of my high school friends making a status about everyone else making a status about how cold it is.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Please do.  I'm still crafting Truths™ about the 1800s, so anything you can add would be welcome.

The Good Reverend Roger

And I probably should quit.  But I've been here 5-1/2 years (!!!), and I've become an addict.  The machines cry to me at night.