Attempting to do something

Main Menu

BREAKING: THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT AFTER ALL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 12, 2012, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

I love this century.  Or at least I have one FUCK of a case of Stockholm Syndrome.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

I liked his Beatle stuff. Most everything he touches since then turns to shit, though. He's got the Midas touch, only with poomp.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Maybe Taylor Swift will make a surprise appearance to "sing" the Linda parts.  :x

Mangrove

If you thought Macca fronting Nirvana was a bad idea, let me introduce you to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/balloon-boy-falcon-heene-metal-band-145332294.html

'Ballon Boy' Falcon Heene has his own band with his brothers only, they make Hanson look like the Mozart triplets.

So, if the thought of Paul The Walrus singing Smells Like Teen Spirit isn't disturbing enough, then you might want to consider this little gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb-rNQQVVTA

Can you handle this much America(tm)???
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Mangrove on December 12, 2012, 05:59:07 PM
If you thought Macca fronting Nirvana was a bad idea, let me introduce you to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/balloon-boy-falcon-heene-metal-band-145332294.html

'Ballon Boy' Falcon Heene has his own band with his brothers only, they make Hanson look like the Mozart triplets.

So, if the thought of Paul The Walrus singing Smells Like Teen Spirit isn't disturbing enough, then you might want to consider this little gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb-rNQQVVTA

Can you handle this much America(tm)???

Horrible, but an Everyday Occurrence(TM).

This is...different. Y'know, I'd rather see a faceless, reanimated Kurt Cobain zombie fronting Nirvana. Or just put what's left on strings like a marionette and put his old vocals through the PA.

That might be kind of cool, actually.  :horrormirth:

Nephew Twiddleton

Wait...  I... Ok im going to hve to see these links when i get home. I understand though that kurt was a huge beatles fan and probably would be honored.

I however am a beatles antifan and find the prospect unpleasant. Especially where nirvana was what made me want to be a musician to begin with.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

This post has given me the nagging sensation that things really aren't all right. There's something off about this reality. It's . . . that has to be a spoof post, right? Some kind of joke? If it's genuine . . . I kinda have that feeling you get when you've just locked yourself out of your house but haven't realized it yet and you're wondering what you forgot . . . and it's raining acid and there are rabid wolves waiting to eat your soft meat parts . . . but you're still wondering what it is you forgot.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Sita

My mind just won't understand this. I just can't see Paul singing anything that Nirvana did. And even if they do some entirely new song...just doesn't work.

But it seems everyone is reporting it from the same source, The Sun. So it is possible that it isn't true...
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Elder Iptuous

am i the only one who immediately thought this is fantastic?
:?

Nephew Twiddleton

Yes but youre texan.

Plus you probably actually like the beatles.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Elder Iptuous

right you are, on both accounts.
but it's not that i think the musical outcome will be worth squat.  its just that these are two bands that two groups of people that i would think have only a small overlap idolize.
what a wonderful mindfuck for such a large audience!