News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Looks like I'm getting a new kid.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 01, 2013, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, one of my daughter's friend's got kicked out of her aunt's house for skipping school.

This is a sweet kid, not some asshole truant. Plus, she's wicked smart and she deserves the support to get through high school and go to college.

She's staying with us right now and I'm going to try to get legal guardianship so I can get her health coverage and sign off on her school documents.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

This supports my Nigel/Kali hypothesis, of course.

I predict with some confidence that everyone in Portland will live at Nigel's house by this time next year, and that when that time doubles, everyone on Earth will live at Nigel's house.  All 7.35 Bn of them, trying to agree on what's good for dinner.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trippinprincezz13

Ugh. That really is incredibly awesome of you Nigel. She kicks her niece out because (theoretically) she's mad about her skipping school which would affect her performance. Because kicking a teenager out is really going to give them that stability and focus to keep up with their school work.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 01, 2013, 08:44:49 PM
Ugh. That really is incredibly awesome of you Nigel. She kicks her niece out because (theoretically) she's mad about her skipping school which would affect her performance. Because kicking a teenager out is really going to give them that stability and focus to keep up with their school work.

It comes back to parenting.  Why put the effort into it, when you can either throw up your hands at a supposedly hopeless task (one motivation), be draconian as hell to show that kid a thing or two (another possible motivation), or just rid yourself of the kid so you can pretend you're 25 again (another possible motivation)?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Some of the greatest kids have the shittiest parents. The chickenshit gene seems to skip generations.

Nigel, as much as you have on your plate already means you triple ROCK for this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Lenin McCarthy

Suu

Nigel, you are AWESOME.

West Coast Supermom ftw!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 01, 2013, 08:31:23 PM
This supports my Nigel/Kali hypothesis, of course.

I predict with some confidence that everyone in Portland will live at Nigel's house by this time next year, and that when that time doubles, everyone on Earth will live at Nigel's house.  All 7.35 Bn of them, trying to agree on what's good for dinner.

They get spaghetti and like it, or they can make their own.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, guys. <3

I have yet to learn whether auntie will sign over guardianship, but I've spoken with DHS and they assure me that there are ways around it if she won't.

Suu

SPAGHETTI NIGHT AT NIGEL'S!

*looks for flights*

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 01, 2013, 10:30:55 PM
Thanks, guys. <3

I have yet to learn whether auntie will sign over guardianship, but I've spoken with DHS and they assure me that there are ways around it if she won't.

If she won't care enough to play the parenting role in the absence of the parents, then who better than someone actually willing?

I would just get worried about her having to go into some sort of foster custody or something, but I don't know how it works.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on February 01, 2013, 10:35:26 PM
Thanks, guys. <3

If she won't care enough to play the parenting role in the absence of the parents, then who better than someone actually willing?

I would just get worried about her having to go into some sort of foster custody or something, but I don't know how it works.

I was concerned about that, but from speaking with DHS that won't really be a concern. The only way it would be was if she were placed in state care due to neglect, which is an issue I could force because of the abandonment, but if they won't give me guardianship the other angle is that she can file for emancipation, and then she can get food stamps and OHP under her own agency, and live with me.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Suu

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 01, 2013, 11:21:36 PM
Quote from: Suu on February 01, 2013, 10:35:26 PM
Thanks, guys. <3

I was concerned about that, but from speaking with DHS that won't really be a concern. The only way it would be was if she were placed in state care due to neglect, which is an issue I could force because of the abandonment, but if they won't give me guardianship the other angle is that she can file for emancipation, and then she can get food stamps and OHP under her own agency, and live with me.

How old is she, if you don't mind me asking?