News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

So, Uncle BadTouch's book

Started by East Coast Hustle, February 02, 2013, 06:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 04, 2013, 04:45:40 AM
Quote from: Wuli Fufu on February 04, 2013, 04:24:55 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 04, 2013, 04:05:48 AM
I think it's revolting enough that he's using the names of people who never heard of him or his book project as "testimonials" with which to sell it. I wouldn't doubt, in light of that level of dishonesty, that he's also using uncredited work, but I'm reluctant to buy the book in order to find out, which is probably what he's counting on.

Anybody got contact info for R. Crumb?

I already emailed the contact on his web page. Great minds!  :lol:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

El Sjaako

I recieved this book today. I haven't read it yet, but I can't see anything obvious by someone complaining in this or that other thread, except for a one line quote by Adam Gorightly. Unless Roger is also known as Captain "Sesame Seed" Rogers, and also has a writing style very different than what I'm used to.

I can post the contributors list if anyone is interested, and if I recognize anything that someone on this forum might have copyright objections to I will definitaly post here. But to be honest right now it looks to me like y'all got trolled.

Nephew Twiddleton

Trolls on Uncle BadTouch then since the publisher is rightly pissed.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

El Sjaako

Claiming that someone is a contributor without them being it is of course still fucked up (and illegal), and as a publisher I would be pissed at a load of angry emails no matter if they were correct or incorrect, but it seems that Uncle BadTouch is not guilty of copyright infringement.

I haven't actually read the book yet, so it could be that there's something in there that I missed. And of course, I don't know all your works or psuedonyms by heart, so it could be that there is a misattributed piece in there, or one attributed under a name I don't know. But I looked at all the headers, and none of you are there.

I seem to remember Uncle BadTouch giving some guys credit that were later pissed at having "contributed", but I can't find where. Could someone link please?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: el sjaako on February 12, 2013, 12:24:15 AM
Claiming that someone is a contributor without them being it is of course still fucked up (and illegal), and as a publisher I would be pissed at a load of angry emails no matter if they were correct or incorrect, but it seems that Uncle BadTouch is not guilty of copyright infringement.

I haven't actually read the book yet, so it could be that there's something in there that I missed. And of course, I don't know all your works or psuedonyms by heart, so it could be that there is a misattributed piece in there, or one attributed under a name I don't know. But I looked at all the headers, and none of you are there.

I seem to remember Uncle BadTouch giving some guys credit that were later pissed at having "contributed", but I can't find where. Could someone link please?

I think that's part of the reason that Roger met with the publisher. He's listed as a contributor, but can't confirm that his material has been used, since he is unwilling to pay Uncle BadTouch to determine whether or not his stuff has in fact been used without his permission.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS