News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

A way to think about numbers

Started by 666, February 08, 2013, 01:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sometimes, to provoke more indepth thoughts with something I'll see a number or a shape, or objects and I'll count them quickly and register it with this meaning full list.

0 - Nothing, Off
1 - Unity, Singularity, Consciousness, On
2 - Disassociate, Separation, Duality
3 - Truth  :fnord:
4 - The Bigger Picture
5 - Protection
6 - Life, Carbon
7 - Significance
8 - Infinity "Nothing ( 0 ), with a twist( 8 )", life and sun worshiping
9 - Down side up six (anti life), Fluorine, Evolution, War, Conspiracy

Some of it makes sense.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is this some kind of numerology thing, or is it more like a synaesthesia thing?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Numerology maybe, I don't know what that really means.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 666 on February 08, 2013, 01:46:20 AM
Numerology maybe, I don't know what that really means.

Synaesthesia is when senses overlap, such as colors having a flavor or numbers having a personality, etc.

I don't know much about numerology except that it's about assigning other, non-numerical meaning to numbers.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 08, 2013, 01:40:47 AM

I think I shall have to write a poem that uses "synaesthesia".

LMNO

You sound like a candidate for kaballah.

I developed it about 8 months ago, maybe it's a bit like synaesthesia.
10 - Artificial Intelligence (on/off)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 08, 2013, 01:50:26 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 08, 2013, 01:40:47 AM

I think I shall have to write a poem that uses "synaesthesia".

DO IT.

LMNO

So, you'll see a "thing" find a way to count "things" on it, then use your system to think about it?

Isn't that a long-form version of the Law of Fives?

"So, you'll see a "thing" find a way to count "things" on it, then use your system to think about it?"

Yeah.

"Isn't that a long-form version of the Law of Fives?"

What?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: 666 on February 08, 2013, 02:01:55 AM

It sounds a bit like synaesthesia. I have it with scents, flavors, and colors. A good friend of mine has it with numbers, too... for her, each number has a personality and a life story.

Don Coyote

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 08, 2013, 02:08:00 AM

It sounds a bit like synaesthesia. I have it with scents, flavors, and colors. A good friend of mine has it with numbers, too... for her, each number has a personality and a life story.

I'm starting to talk about poetry in terms of flavor and texture now. :eek:

Anna Mae Bollocks

It reminds me of reading cards with "spots", playing cards, Marseilles Tarot, stuff like that. Fairly close to some of the conventional interpretations, but not exactly.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: six to the quixotic on February 08, 2013, 02:16:27 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 08, 2013, 02:08:00 AM

I'm starting to talk about poetry in terms of flavor and texture now. :eek:

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Wuli Fufu on February 08, 2013, 02:38:02 AM
It reminds me of reading cards with "spots", playing cards, Marseilles Tarot, stuff like that. Fairly close to some of the conventional interpretations, but not exactly.

yeah, Tarot incorporates a lot of numerology.