News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

What's the largest organ in the body?

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., February 20, 2013, 01:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 20, 2013, 01:39:55 AM
If you said anything other than 'fetus', you're wrong!

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/19/alabama_goper_a_baby_is_the_largest_organ_in_the_body/

QuoteIn defending her bill to crack down on abortion clinics, Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin argued that abortions should be more strictly regulated because "When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body."

McClurkin, a Republican, added: "That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."

O.o Sorry if this is a repost. I did look through the forums to see if there was another post but I admit to being brain dead right now. This shit is crazy.

And until later stages of development this isn't even close to true anyway.  A fetus is smaller than the lungs or hearts for a lot of its development

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Pergamos on February 20, 2013, 08:36:19 PM

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/19/alabama_goper_a_baby_is_the_largest_organ_in_the_body/

QuoteIn defending her bill to crack down on abortion clinics, Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin argued that abortions should be more strictly regulated because "When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body."

McClurkin, a Republican, added: "That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."

O.o Sorry if this is a repost. I did look through the forums to see if there was another post but I admit to being brain dead right now. This shit is crazy.

And until later stages of development this isn't even close to true anyway.  A fetus is smaller than the lungs or hearts for a lot of its development

Further, as referenced by Cain, the skin is by far the largest organ, and if your baby is bigger than that, at any point before it's extruded, you've got a serious problem.

deadfong

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on February 20, 2013, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on February 20, 2013, 08:36:19 PM

Further, as referenced by Cain, the skin is by far the largest organ, and if your baby is bigger than that, at any point before it's extruded, you've got a serious problem.

Freeky

Junkenstein

Preferable to abortion apparently.

BRB, starting reactor.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

The idea that babies are an ORGAN let alone the largest . . . it just makes my head hurt. They're, for all intents and purposes, parasites. And . . . I'm not going to rant. But DUDE. Organs?

:horrormirth:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pergamos

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 21, 2013, 09:25:32 AM
The idea that babies are an ORGAN let alone the largest . . . it just makes my head hurt. They're, for all intents and purposes, parasites. And . . . I'm not going to rant. But DUDE. Organs?

:horrormirth:

Don't we have the option of removing our own organs?  Seems like they are arguing against themselves on this one.