News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Discordian Churches

Started by Doobie, March 11, 2013, 05:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doobie

Are there actually any out there? Besides in San Fran. I've looked for directories to no avail.

I'm thinking of starting one.

Pergamos

Depends on how you define church...

AFK

I had one briefly but then code enforcement shut it down.

Right Church.
Wrong Pews.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doobie on March 11, 2013, 05:13:14 AM
Are there actually any out there? Besides in San Fran. I've looked for directories to no avail.

There are many churches, but only 3 cathedrals:

1.  The Monastery, in Providence, RI.  This is run by violence.  Nobody talks about it.

2.  The First Self-Righteous Church of Our Lady of Sharp Things, in Portland.  The Dark Empress loves you.

3.  The entire city of Tucson, AZ.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 01:43:45 PM

1.  The Monastery, in Providence, RI.  This is run by violence.  Nobody talks about it.

2.  The First Self-Righteous Church of Our Lady of Sharp Things, in Portland.  The Dark Empress loves you.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

#3 is a bit of a technicality, since the Third Council of Pance established the doctrine of the Omnipresent Tucson.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on March 11, 2013, 04:18:31 PM

#3 is a bit of a technicality, since the Third Council of Pance established the doctrine of the Omnipresent Tucson.

Well, yes, but I'm referring to what the Con calls "the city limits".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

As if you could limit Tucson.

Faust

I hear Tijuana is a pretty good Discordian church.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 04:20:38 PM

I want to go around the country in a big truck and put up "Now Entering Tucson City Limits" signs everywhere.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on March 11, 2013, 04:34:12 PM

I want to go around the country in a big truck and put up "Now Entering Tucson City Limits" signs everywhere.

Fuck yeah.  On both sides of the sign.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 04:38:38 PM
Quote from: V3X on March 11, 2013, 04:34:12 PM

Fuck yeah.  On both sides of the sign.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Junkenstein

STICKERS

STICKERS THE SIZE OF THE SIGN.

CO-ORDINATION.

IN ONE DAY TUCSON WILL BE EVERYWHERE.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doobie

When I get rich off of selling my innovative idea of bananas grown to look like penises, I'm going to buy us all our own country.