News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Scientists create jellyfish-rat monstrosity

Started by Cain, March 23, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The truth is, in fact, even more disturbing than the title:

Quote"Morphologically, we've built a jellyfish. Functionally, we've built a jellyfish. Genetically, this thing is a rat," says Kit Parker, a biophysicist at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, who led the work. The project is described today in Nature Biotechnology.

Cain

Bonus disturbing quote:

Quote"I grabbed him and said, 'John, I think I can build a jellyfish.' He didn't know who I was, but I was pretty excited and waving my arms, and I think he was afraid to say no."

tyrannosaurus vex

This century is the best and worst thing that has ever happened.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HEY LOOK GUYS, I MADE A JELLYFISH OUT OF A RAT'S HEART.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

It makes me a little sad that it's not as alive as the title implied. Still, mad science is alive and well!

LMNO

They called me MAD at University!

MAD!

MAAAAAAAAD!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Why am I reminded of that 80's remake of The Fly?

It's not the same thing it's not the same thing it's not the same thing... :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

McGrupp

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2013, 07:30:46 PM
Bonus disturbing quote:

Quote"I grabbed him and said, 'John, I think I can build a jellyfish.' He didn't know who I was, but I was pretty excited and waving my arms, and I think he was afraid to say no."

That is wonderful.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.