News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

BIP 2013 Production Photos

Started by Cuddlefish, April 07, 2013, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Originally, I was going to format the BIP 2013 digitally with a friend of mine. However, I have much more experience doing shit DIY by hand. So, I grabbed an old friend of mine who co-created a few zines with me, and we started tearing it up. I see this as a 'return to form' for Discordian literature, as well as a reaffirmation of my punk heritage. Now eat my shit, assholes.

But, seriously: We have a few more pages done than there are pics of, just wanted to give you some high-lights.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? This takes a long time to do, and is fairly resource heavy, so if anyone has a problem with it being done this way, say something now. I don't want to invest all the effort if people don't like the direction it's going.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Vote of Approval, Looks great.

Looking forward to the finished version!
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cainad (dec.)

Fuck yes! I started doing something like this for an Intermittens, but I was going for a hybrid digital/handcraft approach that was just too complicated for me to pull off, and ended up abandoning it.

Juana

I 100% approve of this! That looks awesome!
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Awesome!

NOW GET IN ON THESE COOKIES!

Cuddlefish

Well, I'll take that as a vote of approval. the down side of this being that it will take a bit longer than I initially thought it would (each page can take quite a bit of time to create, and there's an estimated forty-some-odd pages to construct), but it should be done in a few weeks.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Cainad (dec.)

I'm very excited to see the final product, because I think most of the content is stuff that was written during my long time away from PD.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Looks good, man.  Digging it.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

navkat

Disappointed to be excluded again but thrilled and impressed with your work. It looks fantastic! I'm proud of you guys!

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.