News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 03, 2014, 05:44:41 PM
For what it's worth, PS Hoffman was a pretty amazing actor. Won an oscar for Capote, and has been a staple in borderline-Hollywood movies that make you uncomfortable.

I totally agree. He was amazing on-screen, but unfortunately something drove him to drugs, which ruins it for me, and makes me ask the "why?!" again.

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2014, 05:43:25 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 03, 2014, 03:44:00 PM
Philip Seymore Hoffman OD'd last night in NYC.

That's a fancy way of saying WAS ASSASSINATED BY THE ILLUMINATI.

God bless the internet.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Apparently, he was rather open about his addictive personality. NPR has a clip of him being very open about his difficulties. Sadly, the Hollywood culture is terribly toxic to someone like that.

Suu

They just released that he was found with 50 bags of heroin and addiction meds. Good LORD.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on February 03, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
They just released that he was found with 50 bags of heroin and addiction meds. Good LORD.

I'd say that's more than the average addiction.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I would say it would indicate dealing.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 03, 2014, 07:57:48 PM
I would say it would indicate dealing.

Or just being really, really serious about having a good time.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Up to a dozen, I may have agreed. That quantity would say to me that he's either got customers (surely a possibility) or an addiction to variety and danger as well as heroin. The former strikes me as much more likely, but, minimal information.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 03, 2014, 07:38:10 PM

If the average addict were as rich as he was they would probably have that much heroin on them too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vladimir Poutine ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on February 04, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

If the average addict were as rich as he was they would probably have that much heroin on them too.

That's like saying that if a smoker was rich, they'd have 6000 packs of smokes in the glove box.

Eater of Clowns

If I were rich I think I'd adorn myself in bags of heroin just to prove that I had the means to do so.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 04, 2014, 12:17:17 AM
Quote from: Vladimir Poutine ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on February 04, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

That's like saying that if a smoker was rich, they'd have 6000 packs of smokes in the glove box.

I don't really think it is since buying heroin and cigarettes are nothing alike. Cigarettes are reliably always able to purchase. Drug dealers are flakey and run out of shit, buy in bulk so its always around!

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Sacs on February 03, 2014, 05:22:39 PM
A lot of people seem to be taking the "duh" approach to the fact that he died from heroin overdose. I don't even know who the guy was but a little bit of respect dies each time someone I think should know better expresses contempt rather than compassion for the death of a person who had to have been horribly emotionally tormented and/or psychologically damaged in order to succumb to such a nasty, dangerous drug. Heroin so often seems to be a form of self-punishment, the way heavy drinking is. If he had been a terrible person in his life I could understand the contempt a little better, but as it stands, I can only perceive it as insecurity and weak-mindedness on the part of those expressing it; a desire to elevate themselves over some poor dead junkie because they "know better" and he ostensibly didn't.

Well I have no excuse... Although I typically try to look deeply into things that tend to intensify human nature.  I think it's probably too much for me lately and it's easier to remain shallow.

From this perspective, however, I can kind of see how anyone desensitized by media might automatically lump this into the same category as Bieber getting arrested. And it's clearly not...I know this and I know better.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on February 04, 2014, 03:43:28 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Sacs on February 03, 2014, 05:22:39 PM
A lot of people seem to be taking the "duh" approach to the fact that he died from heroin overdose. I don't even know who the guy was but a little bit of respect dies each time someone I think should know better expresses contempt rather than compassion for the death of a person who had to have been horribly emotionally tormented and/or psychologically damaged in order to succumb to such a nasty, dangerous drug. Heroin so often seems to be a form of self-punishment, the way heavy drinking is. If he had been a terrible person in his life I could understand the contempt a little better, but as it stands, I can only perceive it as insecurity and weak-mindedness on the part of those expressing it; a desire to elevate themselves over some poor dead junkie because they "know better" and he ostensibly didn't.

Well I have no excuse... Although I typically try to look deeply into things that tend to intensify human nature.  I think it's probably too much for me lately and it's easier to remain shallow.

From this perspective, however, I can kind of see how anyone desensitized by media might automatically lump this into the same category as Bieber getting arrested. And it's clearly not...I know this and I know better.

And that makes you a biped.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."