News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on February 01, 2017, 03:34:53 PM
I think this could be a fun meme alteration. And it's easy.

Nice bait and switch!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In the "obvious fact is obvious" department:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Don Coyote

This will be my go to response to every fucker that gets pissed about flag burning.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on February 03, 2017, 12:17:35 AM
This will be my go to response to every fucker that gets pissed about flag burning.

:lulz:

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on February 04, 2017, 02:19:53 AM

Milo's butthurt is the tastiest butthurt. A man who has literally made a career out of shitting on other people is complaining because his feelings were hurt.

:lulz:

Freeky

Freeky

minuspace

So, like, ethically, I wonder what would be sufficient to prove his argument is sound...
:barstool:
?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LuciferX on February 07, 2017, 07:23:39 AM

So, like, ethically, I wonder what would be sufficient to prove his argument is sound...
?

Not very much. Most likely, little more than the minimal academic rigor of a person attempting to measure the efficacy of a single treatment differential. If he has that level of academic rigor, which seems sadly unlikely.

minuspace

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 07, 2017, 08:07:19 AM

?

Not very much. Most likely, little more than the minimal academic rigor of a person attempting to measure the efficacy of a single treatment differential. If he has that level of academic rigor, which seems sadly unlikely.

Well, then science should shift the burden of proof upon itself and make him the subject of an experiment to test his hypothesis.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LuciferX on February 07, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

?

Well, then science should shift the burden of proof upon itself and make him the subject of an experiment to test his hypothesis.

Sample size of one = no statistical power.

If I'm going to be a science pedant, I might as well ruin ALL the jokes.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 07, 2017, 06:49:46 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on February 07, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

?

Sample size of one = no statistical power.

If I'm going to be a science pedant, I might as well ruin ALL the jokes.
The domain is different, ethics is like maths, governed by reason and logic (hypothetically).  so science could make an exception, in the name of the principle of non contradiction.  Praised be The Natural Philosophy.

[Ed.  And ethics does not preclude experimenting with statistically significant data-sets]