News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 20, 2013, 02:35:12 AM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 20, 2013, 02:33:16 AM
There's a small chance I might get fired over this lock down. We don't get snow days and I didn't make my hours, and I'm out of benefit time. This was one hell of a snow day. I emailed my supervisor. The response I got was "we'll see what we can do on Monday, but no promises."

So fuck this guy and fuck the precedent.

Yeah, you've got one hell of a lawsuit sitting in front of you if they fire you.

Essentially, you will have been fired for not breaking the law.

Non-mandatory.

BUT. No public transport.

We did get sued a couple of years ago, so I hope that works in my favor, and everyone's favor, because IT'S NOT FUCKING VACATION TIME.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

There's a small chance I might get fired over this lock down. We don't get snow days and I didn't make my hours, and I'm out of benefit time. This was one hell of a snow day. I emailed my supervisor. The response I got was "we'll see what we can do on Monday, but no promises."

If they fire you over this, you get your ass to the Boston AG's office.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on April 20, 2013, 02:38:35 AM

That will be the second thing I do.

The first thing will to be to inform them where I'm going. I imagine it won't happen but it is in the back of my mind. I always work 7 hours on Friday. I've worked 13.5 hours this week. I'm required to do 20. I can go in the hole for 6 hours. I'm at negative 1.something hours BT. So, I'm a bit nervous like.

Anna Mae Bollocks

THIS.

In Mass I kept them on speed dial to see what bosses could or couldn't legally do to me.

Texas AG doesn't do labor and we get fucked thousands of ways, but Mass rocks.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 20, 2013, 02:43:26 AM

The first thing will to be to inform them where I'm going. I imagine it won't happen but it is in the back of my mind. I always work 7 hours on Friday. I've worked 13.5 hours this week. I'm required to do 20. I can go in the hole for 6 hours. I'm at negative 1.something hours BT. So, I'm a bit nervous like.

It's out of your hands, you cannot be the only person at your job to be affected by this. Ya boss is a wikkid dooshcanoe.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Suu on April 20, 2013, 03:00:58 AM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 20, 2013, 02:43:26 AM

It's out of your hands, you cannot be the only person at your job to be affected by this. Ya boss is a wikkid dooshcanoe.

Actually, I'm quite fond of my boss, even though I make fun of him in my head frequently (he does deserve it from time to time). But that's not the thing. It's a big ass hospital, and our division is all grant money and wary about future funding. Snow days are out. This is the same as a snow day, except it was a Russian who killed a couple of people. So... how not at fault am I here? It's more bureaucratic wutness.

Suu

Meanwhile...some of the humor we've been missing this past week.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=277610072374543&set=a.238721116263439.58923.224585371010347&type=1&theater

This area is full of fuckin' cawksuckahs and I love ya'lls.

The Good Reverend Roger

In retrospect, I have to say that these guys know how to make a chase interesting.

Throwing bombs out the window of the car at the cops, etc.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 20, 2013, 03:11:08 AM
In retrospect, I have to say that these guys know how to make a chase interesting.

Throwing bombs out the window of the car at the cops, etc.

Yeah. Could get legendary.

Suu

I remember watching them get OJ when I was in 8th grade.  :lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Where was Captain Janks this time?  :lol:

LMNO

Ok, it's over. An immediately, the Friday gay bar said there's no cover, and my favorite DJ grabbed his gear, and I just had the best goddamn time. I love my Big,Gay Town.

Cain

Craig Murray, former UK ambassador to Uzbekistan, has suggested this could be a Russian-backed operation:

QuoteCui Bono? Putin. The alleged actions of the Tsarnaev brothers are a massive setback to the cause of Chechen nationalism. The Russian government have been trying for a decade to conflate the repression of Chechen nationalism with the western construct of "the global war on terror", with very limited diplomatic success. Now expect to hear continually about "Al Qaeda in the Southern Caucasus" in the next few years. Events in Boston have been a massive diplomatic coup for Putin.

He does admit this is not necessarily the case, but it is indeed possible, given the FSB's role in the 1999 "apartment bombings" in Russia for them to be responsible for something similar in the USA.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The bombs and grenades were pretty simple, right? They wouldn't need any special instruction to make them?

Cain

No, they wouldn't.  They're essentially shrapnel in a pressure cooker.  Anyone with a couple of hundred dollars could do the same.

I'm still not sold on any particular theory yet, though I think that the idea that this is linked to Chechen nationalism is among the least likely of causes.  I'm leaning towards pan-Islamism of the lone wolf variety, but that's not definite.  I would definitely like to know more about how the Russian intelligence services (for I assume it was them who approached the FBI) came to tag the boys, as well as the full role of the FBI in the earlier assessment of the two.