News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: stelz on April 16, 2013, 03:39:24 AM
They're starting to post fake stuff. I just saw a pic of a guy who was bone from the knees down but there was no blood on the ground.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

All the "let's be as offensive as possible" fb pages have been cracking jokes about it since before I got home from work, so I'm not surprised.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

They're starting to post fake stuff. I just saw a pic of a guy who was bone from the knees down but there was no blood on the ground.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Watched the footage.  That was real.

The tourniquet is just tight as a banjo string, is all.  And it was one leg, not both.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2013, 03:43:10 AM

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

The tourniquet is just tight as a banjo string, is all.  And it was one leg, not both.

I don't have words.  :cry:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

von

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

If you're referring to the pic where he's being wheeled off in a wheelchair, note that he's had tounaquettes applied and shouldn't be bleeding.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on April 16, 2013, 03:44:45 AM

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Explosions do weird things.  Other than one leg being flayed to the bone, he's hardly got a scratch on him.

Welcome to the entire rest of the world.

This is why I get pissy when the "nuke 'em all/Regime change" assholes get started.  Because you get a whole lot of shit like that, and it's not abstract to the people to whom it happens.

This guy's lucky.  He's going to live.  And while living with your leg gone above the knee (and my guess is they're going to have to cut high) isn't an attractive idea, he's going to be around to be angry at it, whereas at least 3 other people won't be.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

von

The bone-legged mans injuries stand out to me. I've not seen anyone else so effected from these bombs...I wonder where he was standing to have this happen to him.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah.

I found the footage. His face isn't even contorted, he must be in shock. The whole thing is surreal enough to LOOK fake.

People don't know what they're asking for.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pope Pixie Pickle

Today reminds me of growing up in the 80's in the UK, Shit like this was frequent as fuck until i was 14.

I've been hearing announcers at train stations ask that people not leave their baggage unattended since as long as i can remember.

I used to be a security officer at a County Court and was trained to initiate radio silence and protocols for dealing with suspicious packages. I've done that about 3 times. When I was in AZ in 2003 there was a bag left unattended at a cafe, everyone ignored it, and the security lady didn't even turn off the radio or clear the area when she searched it. Freaked me the fuck out. Was just some skater punk's grubby clothes, but the blase attitude and lack of training was :O.

The newer malls in Southampton have no rubbish bins inside, or near the entrances. I guess that's how ingrained it was for us, during the Troubles in NI and the mainland, that newer buildings are designed to be as secure in that sense, as they are.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2013, 03:48:28 AM

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Explosions do weird things.  Other than one leg being flayed to the bone, he's hardly got a scratch on him.

This is why I get pissy when the "nuke 'em all/Regime change" assholes get started.  Because you get a whole lot of shit like that, and it's not abstract to the people to whom it happens.

This guy's lucky.  He's going to live.  And while living with your leg gone above the knee (and my guess is they're going to have to cut high) isn't an attractive idea, he's going to be around to be angry at it, whereas at least 3 other people won't be.

There's the psychological trauma too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on April 16, 2013, 03:55:44 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2013, 03:48:28 AM

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

There's the psychological trauma too.

You have to be alive to have that.

Not to downplay it, but there are various levels of fucked.

Pope Pixie Pickle

The psychological stuff will hit many many people. More than the body count. More than the injured.

LMNO

This country is lucky enough not to easily know what horrific trauma looks like.

Next time, ask a Palastinian.

Or, pixie.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 16, 2013, 03:57:51 AM
This country is lucky enough not to easily know what horrific trauma looks like.

Next time, ask a Palastinian.

Or, pixie.

Or some dumb grunt Iraqi, circa Desert Storm, starved half to death, then blown to bits.  <--- Dead, doesn't care.

Or, you know, if you visit a doll factory.  <--- Alive, glad to be alive.  Horrors and all.

Like I said, if you live through it, that's a bonus.  If you come away from it, win or lose, psychologically unscathed, you were a sociopath to begin with.

Pergamos

Quote from: V3X on April 16, 2013, 02:43:47 AM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 16, 2013, 01:21:06 AM
Quote from: Suu on April 16, 2013, 01:03:28 AM
LOOK HERE COEMS TEH STUPID

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/15/alex_jones_labels_boston_explosion_a_false_flag/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NionWntMcXQ

Jones is nuts for sure, but even if it isn't a false flag, given the circumstances (Boston the day before tax day; nation up in arms against arms due to tragedies etc), I can certainly see why the right is worried that they could become unreasonably damned for this...

I know it's not a fashionable thing to believe, even in private -- let alone to say out loud or on the Internet where other people might hear you -- because it leads fairly quickly to the presumption that you are totally crazy for some reason, but I remain unconvinced to this day that certain other larger-scale terrorist attacks on the US were entirely the work of goons from Afghanistan.

The Boston bombings today, though... I don't know. It's too soon to tell whether it was "legitimate" or not, but either way some people are dead and some other people are hurt, and that is enough to emphatically denounce them as senseless. It would be "convenient" for a false-flag operation (maybe) but it would also be "convenient" for anti-government nuts with something to say (and too little book-learnin' to know how to say it with words). Or for jihadis, for whom any amount of carnage anywhere for any reason at all seems to be "convenient."

My money is on crazy libertarian(s) or anarchist(s), but only because it seems like a decent false flag operation would have generated far more casualties. And it can't be Islamists because after all -- we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here, remember?

Mostly unrelated: The news story I read wasn't kidding when it said NYC security has been stepped up. It looks like a goddamn George Orwell novel out there tonight.

Anarchists don't do this kind of thing, they haven't since the depression.  And even if they still did a marathon is not a target they'd go for.  It'd be something connected to power.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on April 16, 2013, 04:03:50 AM

Anarchists don't do this kind of thing, they haven't since the depression.  And even if they still did a marathon is not a target they'd go for.  It'd be something connected to power.

This.

I'm betting right wing nutjob.