News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

I told my wife I love her in CAD Class wheel chaired over to my screen, and a few tears came down. I'm retaking alot of classes for a higher GPA, and also to help her in cass. I no longer feel it any more. I'm happy again. Bear just destroyed his mild depression.

I decided for my final project to draw, and 3-D model a steampunkish mechnaical warrior called "Junk Warrior." Going to scale it to 10 inches.

Feels good to be back. I decided to hang out more, and socialize more with some of the young 20 year olds at the card shops I usually vendor to, and befriend the ones that actually enjoy the game, and aren't fucking competitive pieces of shit. I'm going to be that neckbeard shits on anyone who ruins someone's else fun. I might start studying to be a game judge as well. I hear they get paid $100 a event day, and also a box of unopened packs. It'll be fun to travel around statewise with others. I can legpress/incline squat 14 "plates", or 7x 45lb (630lbs total) on each side now without struggling as much anymore I get tired after doing 2x 5 rep sets. My goal is to attempt to lift 810 lbs. I do it the extreme way until my knees are touching my chest while upside down. I might start swimming in the pool on days I just want to have fun here at the gym. My wife is enjoying herself at the gym. I might teach her to swim once she breaks her fear of drowning.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: /b/earman on June 14, 2013, 02:54:59 AM
I told my wife I love her in CAD Class wheel chaired over to my screen, and a few tears came down. I'm retaking alot of classes for a higher GPA, and also to help her in cass. I no longer feel it any more. I'm happy again. Bear just destroyed his mild depression.

I decided for my final project to draw, and 3-D model a steampunkish mechnaical warrior called "Junk Warrior." Going to scale it to 10 inches.

Feels good to be back. I decided to hang out more, and socialize more with some of the young 20 year olds at the card shops I usually vendor to, and befriend the ones that actually enjoy the game, and aren't fucking competitive pieces of shit. I'm going to be that neckbeard shits on anyone who ruins someone's else fun. I might start studying to be a game judge as well. I hear they get paid $100 a event day, and also a box of unopened packs. It'll be fun to travel around statewise with others. I can legpress/incline squat 14 "plates", or 7x 45lb (630lbs total) on each side now without struggling as much anymore I get tired after doing 2x 5 rep sets. My goal is to attempt to lift 810 lbs. I do it the extreme way until my knees are touching my chest while upside down. I might start swimming in the pool on days I just want to have fun here at the gym. My wife is enjoying herself at the gym. I might teach her to swim once she breaks her fear of drowning.

This sounds like a better state of mind.
Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Having serious slack tonight. Should write. Probably won't. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

East Coast Hustle

Just took the dog for a nature hike at Forgotten Creek. It's this badass little nature area that's nestled in a deep overgrown ravine that runs from the west side of Providence Hospital and empties out just short of the shore where the railroad tracks run by the southwest side of Naval Station Everett. There wasn't a soul in there except for us and a bunch of other woodland critters and it was a sunny enough day that there was still some warmth and light in the ravine even at 7pm. I've spent a fair chunk of my life in Everett and until a few days ago I didn't know this place even existed. Apparently there's a footpath that parallels the tracks down the shore away from the naval base and leads to another nature area where another creek empties out into the sound, so that will probably be next week's day-off excursion. So cool to find little pockets of wilderness butting up against such industrialized parts of the city. If you get up on the hillside a ways, the ravines in the foreground and the islands of Puget Sound in the background make a pretty compelling visual juxtaposition against the cranes and destroyers and .50 cal emplacements of the naval base and the near-constant thunder of trains on the BNSF tracks.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Left

Tuesday night my GF picked me up in her car.  It was nice to not have to drive my Honda Discord over to her place (It's old and has issues).  On the way there, I happened to see a very large bug trying to cross the road, I asked her to stop/put on blinkers.

When I went back to look at it, it was the biggest male rhinocerous beetle I'd ever seen, about 2 and a half inches long, just a gorgeous little shiny dark brown buggy jewel.
I was absolutely delighted, so I took it to show my GF.

When she started screaming in bulgy-eyed terror I realized she was afraid of insects.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on June 14, 2013, 02:54:59 AM

It sounds like you owned some shit. In a good way! :D
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 14, 2013, 05:43:06 AM
Just took the dog for a nature hike at Forgotten Creek. It's this badass little nature area that's nestled in a deep overgrown ravine that runs from the west side of Providence Hospital and empties out just short of the shore where the railroad tracks run by the southwest side of Naval Station Everett. There wasn't a soul in there except for us and a bunch of other woodland critters and it was a sunny enough day that there was still some warmth and light in the ravine even at 7pm. I've spent a fair chunk of my life in Everett and until a few days ago I didn't know this place even existed. Apparently there's a footpath that parallels the tracks down the shore away from the naval base and leads to another nature area where another creek empties out into the sound, so that will probably be next week's day-off excursion. So cool to find little pockets of wilderness butting up against such industrialized parts of the city. If you get up on the hillside a ways, the ravines in the foreground and the islands of Puget Sound in the background make a pretty compelling visual juxtaposition against the cranes and destroyers and .50 cal emplacements of the naval base and the near-constant thunder of trains on the BNSF tracks.

I love that shit so much. I did a lot of my growing up in Oly, lots of semi-abandoned former-industry hotbeds. Weirdness abounded.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I found the sweetest motherfucking board. Maybe it's shallow, but whatever, this shit is making me happier than I've been in ages! So fucking tight, a bouncy bamboo Landyachtz (I didn't even know they did bouncy at all) symmetrical with lifty little tails and cruisy trucks and wheels. I love it. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bu🤠ns

http://cuzinlogic.com/2013/06/the-golden-apple-of-discord/  saw this .. .didn't wanna give it its own thread though...it appears to be discordia meets Twilight? maybe?

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 14, 2013, 06:54:04 AM
I found the sweetest motherfucking board. Maybe it's shallow, but whatever, this shit is making me happier than I've been in ages! So fucking tight, a bouncy bamboo Landyachtz (I didn't even know they did bouncy at all) symmetrical with lifty little tails and cruisy trucks and wheels. I love it. :)

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 14, 2013, 08:15:34 AM
http://cuzinlogic.com/2013/06/the-golden-apple-of-discord/  saw this .. .didn't wanna give it its own thread though...it appears to be discordia meets Twilight? maybe?

Oh my god :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

This is awesome. I can't help but wonder if one of pervshade's acolytes is responsible. But Richland, Washington!!!! ECH YOU MUST MEET THIS WOMAN.

Best case scenario, it attracts a bunch of Pagans to Discordia.

There is no worst case scenario. It's allllll awesome from here on out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I guess she's closer to me than to ECH.

SO WE SHOULD BOTH MEET HER.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I have not drank proper in a long time. I am hung fucking over.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 14, 2013, 08:15:34 AM

ruling vamperic government

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]