Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Twid on June 19, 2013, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 07:00:45 AM
Quote from: The Twid on June 19, 2013, 04:31:33 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 19, 2013, 04:20:45 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 03:51:07 AM
I now know that I am capable of getting straight A's taking 17 credits with a house full of teenager drama.

I told you.

Didn't I tell you?

Congratulations.

Nigel, if I can manage an A in ANY math class... You can conquer Earth.

Is this a contract? Because I'll take it!

:thinks about it:

Yes. I would like a position as Vice Nigel.

SOLD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 19, 2013, 07:21:16 AM
I got my head shrunk.
Pretty productive session.

Honestly, that's one of the best things you can do on a weekly.

Helped me a ton. Even got booted out, because there was no more work to be done. (I ended up going back, situationally).
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: The Twid on June 19, 2013, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 07:00:45 AM
Quote from: The Twid on June 19, 2013, 04:31:33 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 19, 2013, 04:20:45 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 03:51:07 AM
I now know that I am capable of getting straight A's taking 17 credits with a house full of teenager drama.

I told you.

Didn't I tell you?

Congratulations.

Nigel, if I can manage an A in ANY math class... You can conquer Earth.

Is this a contract? Because I'll take it!

:thinks about it:

Yes. I would like a position as Vice Nigel.

SOLD.

8)<--by proxy

Nephew Twiddleton

I can be your East Coast North American/West Coast European Regent.

The Johnny

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 07:05:42 AM
Then me and my friend took our dogs for a walk to the end of Hayden Island, during which I got a hell of a sunburn, and then we ate hot dogs and micheladas in his backyard.

All in all, a pretty great day.

you ate your sunburned dogs, what?

[/insomniachumor]
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Eater of Clowns

I have returned from the Outer Banks of NC.  Like a good American, I am now tan, broke, and exhausted.

I look forward to Marking All Read to fuck you all forever.

Yours,

EoC
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

I'm wondering if we should split a School Rant thread off, because that's what Open Bar seems to have become. Us ranting about school.  :lulz:

I think I may have found a way to get into the Harvard program. I need to take 3 classes and their test before I'm admitted, so I have to pay 2k a class non-matriculating. In other words: No financial aid.

However, I still have some extra cash left over from undergrad work this year since I'm done in December. I wonder if there's a way I can just take the rest of my grant money out and put it toward the other classes? I may have to stay matriculated part-time as an undergrad for another semester at URI (big deal, I pick up a minor in Latin and I don't walk until the spring anyway.) But I can enroll in the classes at need at the Extension School. The caveat is that I HAVE TO get a grade of B or higher in those classes or I am dropped.

If not, I get into URI for my MA in History, and just take the non-thesis option so I'm done in a year and a half. Save some of that financial aid aside, and then take it to Harvard for my ALM (they write degrees in Latin so it's backwards) in Museum Studies.

It's basically robbing Peter to pay Paul, but Harvard has the only Museum Studies program close enough to home. The next school is UNH Durham, which, although close to Portsmouth where Navyguy is getting stationed, is not really where I want to be living for school for 2 years. The weather in RI is bad enough, I do not need Texas North. All the other programs appear to be in DC. Which is 8 hours out on a good day. Not much in NYC either, which is surprising and unfortunate, because I have couch crashing abilities down there.

If I really have to take a flat history masters, I'd rather do it at UConn, because they have the best and most diverse department, but that means moving to bumfuck CT with no knowledge of the area other than, "Find Rte 6 and you can get back to Providence." There are buses that commute from Providence to Storrs, but then I have to deal with out of state tuition.

Good grief. And this is why my boyfriend is wondering why I'm a ball of stress.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sure, we could start a school thread if everyone else hates reading about it. But it's just personal life crap like all the other Open Bar fluff that gets flushed every few weeks.

My OR opp grant runs out in Spring, so, personally, I'm still trying to figure out how to finish my prereqs. I think I've got it figured out though.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Every morning at about 6:30am (and 5am, but I never hear it then) I can hear reveille from my bedroom window.

This means that should anyone attack (one of?) the most western air force bases in the US I'll be toast in the first wave. Which is nice.

Thinking about giving up the car, especially since I could not afford the insurance this month. I just need one of those little electric hub motors for my bike. If I can make it through one winter that way I can make it through them all.

Anyone can ride a bike in the summer.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on June 19, 2013, 04:50:26 PM
Every morning at about 6:30am (and 5am, but I never hear it then) I can hear reveille from my bedroom window.

This means that should anyone attack (one of?) the most western air force bases in the US I'll be toast in the first wave. Which is nice.

Thinking about giving up the car, especially since I could not afford the insurance this month. I just need one of those little electric hub motors for my bike. If I can make it through one winter that way I can make it through them all.

I hate biking in the winter here, I can't even imagine it there in the DEATH COLD.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My psych prof just emailed me to tell me that I got 555 out of 500 points!  :lulz: I don't even know how I did that!

Salty

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 04:52:48 PM
Quote from: Alty on June 19, 2013, 04:50:26 PM

I hate biking in the winter here, I can't even imagine it there in the DEATH COLD.

Heh. I've never tried. I almost impulsively sold my car, but then thought, Hm, maybe I should see if I can do winter biking FIRST and then sell it.

Lots of people have been doing it here in the.last few years. I see those giant studded tires and get all wistful. Driving here gets worse every year, there's always more and more cars filled with...healthy, good natured, highly developed primates. Yeah,, that's it.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

LMNO

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 19, 2013, 04:53:18 PM
My psych prof just emailed me to tell me that I got 555 out of 500 points!  :lulz: I don't even know how I did that!

The only possible answer is that you Nigeled space-time.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 19, 2013, 04:31:56 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 19, 2013, 04:29:35 AM
I got 3-4 quarters left till I graduate. I honestly have no fucking plan after this. I'll still have GI Bill benefits after that, but I really don't think that going for a masters degree is a good idea for me for some reason.

Fuck that, stay in school as long as you can.  Shit's rough out there right now, but it's going to look better in 2 years.

That's what people were telling me ten years ago.