News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Uninhabitable. When will you people figure that out? The place is TRYING TO KILL YOU. It isn't kidding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

he and vex asked for rain.

THEY ASKED, DAMNNIT

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 06, 2013, 12:16:25 AM
Uninhabitable. When will you people figure that out? The place is TRYING TO KILL YOU. It isn't kidding.

ATTN, OPERATORS:  IF THERE IS WATER FLOWING OUT OF A 480VAC CABINET, DO NOT ENERGIZE CABINET.

BOILER VERY OVER.  REST OF PLANT RUNNING.  IN YOUR FACE, TUCSON!

Dok,
Getting the hell up out of here.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pixie on July 06, 2013, 12:39:31 AM

THEY ASKED, DAMNNIT

And very well done.  5 thunderstorms collided over the plant.  Check the radar if you don't believe me.

AMAZING.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Holy fuckballs what the hell is wrong with Tuscon?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Left

Quote from: Cain on July 05, 2013, 05:52:23 PM
The sad thing is, there are many perfectly nice American tourists.  I had lunch with two today, for example. 

But British tourists tend to be just as bad.  "I SAID "A PINT OF STELLA POR FAVORE." WHY DONT YOU SPEAK ENGLISH MANUEL?" - actually overhead in a bar in Siena.  And they wonder why the Sienese hate tourists.

In Monterrey, Mexico, I left a trail of confused, yet well-tipped Mexicans in my wake.
My Spanish is pretty awful.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2013, 12:58:56 AM

THEY ASKED, DAMNNIT

And very well done.  5 thunderstorms collided over the plant.  Check the radar if you don't believe me.

AMAZING.

Interesting...
It's like, if you want something really awful to happen just go to Tucson and ask.

...At least you don't have a level 4 CDC containment lab under ground level in a flood zone.

We DID.
Whatever was in it went into the bayous in '99, during Allison, when it filled up.
We don't even (officially) KNOW what was being studied in the lab...and the (official) story was that it was a level 3 containment lab.
Nope, because I later met someone who worked security for the lab.  It's a level 4.
Level 4 containment is stuff like, you know, hemorrhagic fevers and whatnot.
Houstonians haven't been dropping dead in great numbers though, so I guess it's ok.

(This threadswerve brought to you by the letters ADD and the number squirrel)
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 06, 2013, 01:28:27 AM
The sad thing is, there are many perfectly nice American tourists.  I had lunch with two today, for example. 

But British tourists tend to be just as bad.  "I SAID "A PINT OF STELLA POR FAVORE." WHY DONT YOU SPEAK ENGLISH MANUEL?" - actually overhead in a bar in Siena.  And they wonder why the Sienese hate tourists.

In Monterrey, Mexico, I left a trail of confused, yet well-tipped Mexicans in my wake.

Did you yell at them for not speaking English?

Richter

The board just ate my review of Dimo's show yesterday.

Plain and simple, he sang good, and gave the crowd more than they deserved.  He hated them, but with sincerity they earned by asking him to shorten his set. 

Apparently, Leln, Luna and I were the only ones who brought knives, and were applauded by the elder punk rock roadies for it.

A mad carnivorous digger tried to roast a goat, but once it had caught fire for the third time, we went off for greener pastures.  (Leln was thumbing through a book on flash frying hipster, and Luna CERTAINLY had nothing to do with the creep beaten into agony and tossed against the vine-covered chain link fence.  Suu and Navyguy had to bug out earlier for throwing oranges at the natives. )  We extracted the Cherokee from a crowd of painted fuckmooks, and roared back up the hill to the land of milk and greasy American Italian cooked by Pakistanis.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 06, 2013, 01:20:36 AM

THEY ASKED, DAMNNIT

:lulz:

IF THAT FUCKING TGRR WOULD STAY DEAD i'D MAYBE GET A HANG OF IT!

ALSO i HATE PHOENIX. THAT ISN'T HELPFUL.

tyrannosaurus vex

THEY ASKED, DAMNNIT

My delivery is late. The air is sticky and heavy, but the goods have not materialized. Well there was that half-mile stretch of the freeway this morning that was like driving through a hurricane, but that only lasted 2 minutes and I only passed 3 different wrecks.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Freeky

THEY ASKED, DAMNNIT

I think your aim is just fine, Pixie.  I can't tell you how good it feels for there to be moisture in the air after weeks of baking and cooking by sunlight, quite literally.  You can feel your skin cook.  It's not nice.  And evaporative coolers DO NOT HELP.

Keep up the good work, Pixie!

Left

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 06, 2013, 01:37:38 AM
Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on July 06, 2013, 01:28:27 AM

Did you yell at them for not speaking English?
Of course not.  I'm a guest in their country.
Then again on the rare occasion I get to travel anywhere, I am usually running around like a big goofy kid, full of enthusiasm for EVERYTHING!

Left

In other news:
Lou is...still alive! :banana:
His daughter will provide me with a number where I can call him soon!
YAY!

And my sense of smell has returned!
:monkeydance:

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.