News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Open Bar MMXIV^2: Solace of Quantum

Started by Cain, June 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 10, 2013, 04:08:38 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2013, 04:05:58 AM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 10, 2013, 04:02:47 AM
Someday, PD. Someday I will make waffles for all of you. Then you'll be sorry.
I dunno. You started a thread asking for terrible ideas, and then kept rejecting those ideas.

Not scared.

I made the quinoa waffles!

OMG really???? Were they tasty?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 05:54:14 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 05:52:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 10, 2013, 01:23:29 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 12:45:01 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 10, 2013, 12:39:40 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 12:20:09 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 09, 2013, 10:52:38 PM
I have GOT to find a writer's board that I can see at work.

There's always the NaNoWriMo boards. :P

Blocked.

I'm always going to post here, by the way.  This isn't a snit.

I just get lonely when it's me and 200 guests and a half dozen google spiders.

I feel that way on weekends.

Yeah, I've stopped in on the weekends now and again, and it's a howling wasteland.

:lulz: I know. I'm usually home on weekends, bored to death and checking for new posts every 5 minutes.

I'm trying to change that though.

I tried to write last weekend, between responding to your posts and . . . I forget what else I was doing. But yeah. Nothing much got done. I need to work on that.

That is my every Saturday, seriously. I'm trying to make sure I at least go on a morning hike so I feel somewhat productive.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 05:58:42 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 05:54:14 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 05:52:02 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 10, 2013, 01:23:29 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 12:45:01 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 10, 2013, 12:39:40 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 10, 2013, 12:20:09 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 09, 2013, 10:52:38 PM
I have GOT to find a writer's board that I can see at work.

There's always the NaNoWriMo boards. :P

Blocked.

I'm always going to post here, by the way.  This isn't a snit.

I just get lonely when it's me and 200 guests and a half dozen google spiders.

I feel that way on weekends.

Yeah, I've stopped in on the weekends now and again, and it's a howling wasteland.

:lulz: I know. I'm usually home on weekends, bored to death and checking for new posts every 5 minutes.

I'm trying to change that though.

I tried to write last weekend, between responding to your posts and . . . I forget what else I was doing. But yeah. Nothing much got done. I need to work on that.

That is my every Saturday, seriously. I'm trying to make sure I at least go on a morning hike so I feel somewhat productive.

Every day I say I'll get up early and hit the pool before the rush. Every day I go back to sleep for an hour. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 09, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 09, 2013, 06:01:00 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on July 09, 2013, 04:07:49 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 09, 2013, 03:26:45 PM
I've had a meal, brushed my teeth twice and used mouthwash twice. I still taste garlic. Apparently there IS such a thing as too much garlic on your pizza. Time to brush my teeth again and go to work! :D

Did you try eating all the parsley?

Nobody eats the parsley. :rimshot:

Is that a Seinfeld joke?

It's an old restaurant joke.

What's the difference between pussy and parsley?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 09, 2013, 07:39:37 PM
In Portland, there are a lot of joints where you still get an orange slice and a sprig of parley with your meal. The orange slice is to refresh your palate after you eat, and the parsley is to freshen your breath.

Yeah, that's a pretty traditional garnish. Some people look down on it but that's because they put feeling snobby ahead of actually being able to taste individual dishes individually.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

So it looks like I may have some big decisions to make pretty soon. I was informed today that I will have first crack at interviewing for the KM position at the brand-spanking-new Mountlake Terrace location that will be opening sometime around the end of the year or early 2014. It's gonna be even bigger than the one I'm at now with a banquet room for catered parties as well. Should be quite the interesting challenge and if the money is right it might be hard to turn down, except I'm not sure I wanna keep doing this for a living at all and I was starting to get serious about the idea of going to school to learn something completely different. So I guess I need to figure that out. I'm hoping it will all be made a moot point and that either my old Chief Engineer will call me to tell me that the new Phoenix gig is a go or that my old Captain has been playing phone/facebook tag with me for a week from Africa because there's some need for my particular skill set in Ghana.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 05:55:48 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 10, 2013, 03:39:09 AM
The first person to say "Mercury Retrograde" gets my fist in their ass.

THANK YOU

Although I've been considering starting to say it over every trivial setback, just because.

I forgot to bring lunch today. MERCURY RETROGRADE!

My car's check engine light came on. MERCURY RETROGRADE!

I was late to class. MERCURY RETROGRADE!

Bad dreams last night. MERCURY RETROGRADE!

Classmate annoyed me with irrelevant question. MERCURY RETROGRADE!

"I know it's important, I'll send it WHEN THE MERCURY RETROGRADE IS OVER."

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 10, 2013, 06:25:15 AM
So it looks like I may have some big decisions to make pretty soon. I was informed today that I will have first crack at interviewing for the KM position at the brand-spanking-new Mountlake Terrace location that will be opening sometime around the end of the year or early 2014. It's gonna be even bigger than the one I'm at now with a banquet room for catered parties as well. Should be quite the interesting challenge and if the money is right it might be hard to turn down, except I'm not sure I wanna keep doing this for a living at all and I was starting to get serious about the idea of going to school to learn something completely different. So I guess I need to figure that out. I'm hoping it will all be made a moot point and that either my old Chief Engineer will call me to tell me that the new Phoenix gig is a go or that my old Captain has been playing phone/facebook tag with me for a week from Africa because there's some need for my particular skill set in Ghana.

I pull for school, simply because the idea of ECH The Scientist is TERRIFYING.

Not that you necessarily want to go into science, but, you know.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on July 10, 2013, 03:02:12 PM

THANK YOU

Although I've been considering starting to say it over every trivial setback, just because.

:lulz:

Cain

I think I've figured out why I keep on being followed by the Italian police.

The tan chinos, black polo-neck t-shirt, sunglasses, panama hat and high-powered camera look probably has half the spies in the country confused as to who I am and exactly what nefarious plot is taking place in the Basilica de St. Marco de Venice.

LMNO

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 03:08:54 PM
Quote from: stelz on July 10, 2013, 03:02:12 PM

THANK YOU

TO THE ROFLBOT!

Quote from: Cain on July 10, 2013, 04:06:51 PM

The tan chinos, black polo-neck t-shirt, sunglasses, panama hat and high-powered camera look probably has half the spies in the country confused as to who I am and exactly what nefarious plot is taking place in the Basilica de St. Marco de Venice.

Now I know what to wear when I go.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 10, 2013, 04:06:51 PM

And on that note, I'm off to Spanish class and then my internship. It's going to be a long day, see you spags tonight!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 10, 2013, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 10, 2013, 06:25:15 AM

I pull for school, simply because the idea of ECH The Scientist is TERRIFYING.

Not that you necessarily want to go into science, but, you know.

I'd actually really like to go into food science but that would probably mean moving to Corvallis since OSU is where to go for that program. The other thing that has my interest piqued is a GIS Certificate which only requires 45 credits, has myriad interesting employment applications, and dovetails with my personal interests.