News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Orbiting a Black Hole

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 13, 2013, 05:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I thought one day that it would be a good idea to grab myself a nifty starship like everyone else has, and I set off blindly knowing that if I went fast enough in one direction, I would eventually find something.

Well. I did.

Gravity gets in the way of things, though.

It's easy to see that black hole if it passes in front of something luminous. You can see how it warps the light from the star, and maybe even pulls it in and destroys it, after a sufficient amount of dimming. Maybe you can even see that star orbiting around that black hole at stunning speeds.

Those stars are unfortunate, they got pulled into something that they didn't expect. Something that will drain them,

Such a thing happened to my starship, but I couldn't see it coming. That's the problem with heading off willy-nilly without plotting a course.

The worst part is, that when you are stuck orbiting the black hole, time slows down. Everything remains the same for you and your black hole, and you see everything else speed up. All of the rest of the universe speed up. The other stars get on with their lives, and you see them progress, and you're just the same. The universe goes on without you. So here I am, orbiting the black hole. Other stars and other ships were caught too, but, from some trick of math that I can't determine, and will leave others who experience time slower than I to calculate, got ejected from the gravity well.

They probably figured it out a few milliseconds ago, from my perspective. From their perspective, I am an eternal fixture, but they have all gone on to something else, and I am still here. They've long since disappeared, even. Only minor alterations are made to me as time tick-tocks at different tempos.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."


Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 13, 2013, 06:14:55 AM
Hmmm I like this one.

This probably, and the Woke up this morning thread, accurately describes how I've been feeling for a long time, and why I'm ok with being back in school.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS