News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

DON'T ASK ME, I JUST PUSH THE BROOM.

Started by Doktor Howl, June 18, 2013, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Mechanical contractor hired to install the new mill:  Not millwrights.
Mill:  Not functioning.  Brand new $38,000 gearbox compromised, probably ruined.
Mill Gears:  8' diameter brass gears.  8 month lead time, $95,000.  Looks like someone crumpled it up and shat on it.
Project Manager:  Mike the Engineer.  Not even in town.
My boss:  Stop worrying about the project, it's not yours.
My boss in 3 weeks:  Roger, why is the mill fucked up?

Also, when questions of a maintenance variety crop up, it is best to ask other supervisors what to do.  The scheduler, for example.  Or the accounts payable lady.  Under no circumstances should we accept or even listen to the maintenance supervisor.

I think I want to quit my job.
Molon Lube

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."


Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I think your job is trying to quit you so the whole place can blow into smithereens the way it's meant to without your pesky, untimely interruptions.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Flaming bag of poop with your two weeks notice!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 18, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
I think your job is trying to quit you so the whole place can blow into smithereens the way it's meant to without your pesky, untimely interruptions.

Well, we couldn't use the millwrights that ALWAYS do our mills, because I foolishly suggested it.

Now the yahoos are over there with the DOORS CLOSED, so that I and my crew can't tell them they're doin' it wrong.  UNFORTUNATELY, that doesn't keep THE LAWS OF PHYSICS out, EVEN IF YOU TURN THE LIGHTS OFF.

The real world:  Terribly inconvenient/inconsiderate.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

In a functioning ball mill, vibrations should read about 3 gravities when measured on the frame.

In this ball mill, the concrete pads supporting the mill are moving around.  This suggests slightly more than 3 gravities. In fact, I did the math, and it's about 200 gravities.

Conclusion:  33000 KG ball will shortly detach from mill and go wandering around the property at about 35 MPH.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2013, 09:20:43 PM

I think I want to quit my job.

If you're thinking about it, do it. Stupidest thing I've done for a while was not quitting that shitty job sooner. Don't get blown up by some useless lackwit.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
In a functioning ball mill, vibrations should read about 3 gravities when measured on the frame.

In this ball mill, the concrete pads supporting the mill are moving around.  This suggests slightly more than 3 gravities. In fact, I did the math, and it's about 200 gravities.

Conclusion:  33000 KG ball will shortly detach from mill and go wandering around the property at about 35 MPH.


REAL LIFE MARIO IN THIS SHIT.

GET THE FUCK OUT.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 18, 2013, 09:29:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2013, 09:20:43 PM

I think I want to quit my job.

If you're thinking about it, do it. Stupidest thing I've done for a while was not quitting that shitty job sooner. Don't get blown up by some useless lackwit.

Every time I start to quit, they stun my brain with my annual bonus.

Which is, incidentally, next month.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 18, 2013, 09:30:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
In a functioning ball mill, vibrations should read about 3 gravities when measured on the frame.

In this ball mill, the concrete pads supporting the mill are moving around.  This suggests slightly more than 3 gravities. In fact, I did the math, and it's about 200 gravities.

Conclusion:  33000 KG ball will shortly detach from mill and go wandering around the property at about 35 MPH.


REAL LIFE MARIO IN THIS SHIT.

GET THE FUCK OUT.

You just have to jump at the right moment.  I got this.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Remember "Temple of Doom"?

It's going to look like that guy everywhere.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 18, 2013, 09:38:33 PM
Remember "Temple of Doom"?

It's going to look like that guy everywhere.

Even looks like a barrel, come to think of it.

A very, very heavy barrel.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Everywhere.

Gather your foes. In a line somehow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 18, 2013, 09:48:14 PM
Everywhere.

Gather your foes. In a line somehow.

This is full of 1" diameter alumina ball media.  It will not roll straight.  No.  It will roll like Teddy Kennedy driving over a bridge, only without the bridge.  It will NOT stay between the navigational beacons.  It will be a free spirit, roaming as it wills.  Short answer:  Run if you like, you'll only die tired.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Ah.

So gather your foes, rent a helicopter and offer the free seat up for bidding.

Early retirement awaits.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.