News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Buttchugging, move aside: The newest HORRIBLE DANGER to THE CHILDREN!

Started by Doktor Howl, June 25, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

http://www.today.com/news/dangerous-viral-trend-threatens-teens-smoking-alcohol-6C10435401

Quote"These videos scare the hell out of me," says Steve Pasierb, who runs the partnership at drugfree.org.

This could be even worse than when the little bastards were smoking banana peels.

QuoteThis is so new that there are no hard numbers yet on how many kids have ended up in the hospital from smoking alcohol.

I CAN NAME THIS SONG IN TWO NOTES!
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 05:41:46 PM
http://www.today.com/news/dangerous-viral-trend-threatens-teens-smoking-alcohol-6C10435401

Quote"These videos scare the hell out of me," says Steve Pasierb, who runs the partnership at drugfree.org.

This could be even worse than when the little bastards were smoking banana peels.

QuoteThis is so new that there are no hard numbers yet on how many kids have ended up in the hospital from smoking alcohol.

I CAN NAME THIS SONG IN TWO NOTES!

OMG  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

HOW ARE THERE ANY CHILDREN LEFT, WITH ALL THIS BUTTHASH AND ALCOHOL SMOKING?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 25, 2013, 06:05:36 PM
Here's the original basis for the story that the TERRIBLE NEW THREAT TO OUR CHILDREN is based on: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/02/20/172488104/the-vaportini-a-cocktail-inhaled-not-stirred

QuoteThink of it as something between warming a brandy snifter over a candle and freebasing Knob Creek bourbon.

:lulz:

And, on no evidence at all, our children are obviously doing this behind their bedroom doors.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 06:07:27 PM
Here's the original basis for the story that the TERRIBLE NEW THREAT TO OUR CHILDREN is based on: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/02/20/172488104/the-vaportini-a-cocktail-inhaled-not-stirred

QuoteThink of it as something between warming a brandy snifter over a candle and freebasing Knob Creek bourbon.

And, on no evidence at all, our children are obviously doing this behind their bedroom doors.

IT BYPASSES THE LIVER AND GOES STRAIGHT TO THE BRAIN! IT ENTERS THE BLOODSTREAM AND DOESN'T LEAVE IT! IGNORE THE INHERENT CONTRADICTIONS IN EVERY VAGUELY MEDICAL-SOUNDING THING I SAY, I HEARD IT FROM A DOCTOR WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED!

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 25, 2013, 06:09:12 PM

IT BYPASSES THE LIVER AND GOES STRAIGHT TO THE BRAIN! IT ENTERS THE BLOODSTREAM AND DOESN'T LEAVE IT! IGNORE THE INHERENT CONTRADICTIONS IN EVERY VAGUELY MEDICAL-SOUNDING THING I SAY, I HEARD IT FROM A DOCTOR WHO WILL REMAIN UNNAMED!

What I love about the article I linked, is that no scientists or doctors were quoted at all.  There was a youtube video that showed someone claiming to "vaportini", and the only person quoted was some prevention asshole.  No doctors, no scientists, no law enforcement...And they were even good enough to say that "nobody knows how many hospitalizations have occurred", rather than "nobody knows IF hospitalizations have occurred".

This is what passes for evidence among the prevention community.

Remember "Pharming"?

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 06:13:39 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 25, 2013, 06:09:12 PM

What I love about the article I linked, is that no scientists or doctors were quoted at all.  There was a youtube video that showed someone claiming to "vaportini", and the only person quoted was some prevention asshole.  No doctors, no scientists, no law enforcement...And they were even good enough to say that "nobody knows how many hospitalizations have occurred", rather than "nobody knows IF hospitalizations have occurred".

This is what passes for evidence among the prevention community.

Remember "Pharming"?

Oh yeah, totally! It's a simple formula; you take something that is a real phenomenon, like inhaling alcohol, throw in some alarmist verbiage and talk about what "might" happen, and VOILA! Sensationalist gold!

Remember vodka tampons?  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, they do quote one doctor:

Quote"The normal sensation when you drink and you are getting more drunk is to vomit: It's your body's way of expelling alcohol," explained Dr. Robert Glatter of Lenox Hill Hospital. " However, when you inhale alcohol, your brain has no way of expelling it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 25, 2013, 06:17:12 PM

Quote"The normal sensation when you drink and you are getting more drunk is to vomit: It's your body's way of expelling alcohol," explained Dr. Robert Glatter of Lenox Hill Hospital. " However, when you inhale alcohol, your brain has no way of expelling it."

And that's true information.  But at what point is he saying that people are actually doing this, that kids are actually doing it, or that he's dealt with any cases of this at all?

Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 25, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: FRIDAY TIME on June 25, 2013, 06:17:12 PM

And that's true information.  But at what point is he saying that people are actually doing this, that kids are actually doing it, or that he's dealt with any cases of this at all?

Yep. But perhaps the most telling is that they only have one quote from this guy but several from the prevention guy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Get a random quote from a doctor, just to make the whole thing legit.