News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

This is kind of interesting, though hardly surprising.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 02, 2013, 09:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

There's been articles forever about how murder rates jump during heat waves.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Well, I know in hot weather my patience decreases considerably, and I am much more likely to say something undiplomatic.  All it takes is two people with a short fuse and, well, it's easy for a fight to turn into manslaughter.  Someone knocks their head, gets cut in the wrong place, gets shot...

I can easily see that spilling over into all kinds of unplanned, spontaneous violence.

And, as the article mentions, there will be deliberate, planned violence as a result of rising temperatures as nations seek to annexe the resources they need to ensure their viability, or defend them from aggressors.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 02, 2013, 09:34:09 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/hot-bothered-climate-change-amplifies-violence-study-says-6C10817483

It's no secret that riots are more common in hot weather, but apparently it can have a macro effect as well.

That makes sense, and is also rather alarming.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."