News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The End on August 11, 2013, 04:08:16 PM
No. You are incorrect.  I have education in hard science as well as public policy.  AND I have actual work experience in both.  I've worked in a lab.  I've worked in public health.  I've worked in policy.  I am one of the go-to guys in the state.  I was the engineer of the strategy that brought down the marijuana legalization law. New Hampshire has reached out to me for help with marijuana policy.  New York State has reached out to me with help in prescription drug abuse prevention strategies.  I've done national presentations.

You'v taken some college courses and holler on the internet.  You don't hold a candle to me, though, I do agree you probably are smarter than ECH.

Bolded the part where you implied that governments were interested in the things you have to say. Maybe you meant "non-governmental advocacy groups in these states" but it's not what you said.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteA failing nonprofit organization in backwater Maine asked me to help rebuild them. Because I'm so competent!
\
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why does one immediately get the sensation of looking into a very, very small puddle of muddy water?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 11, 2013, 07:54:39 PM
Quote from: The End on August 11, 2013, 04:08:16 PM
No. You are incorrect.  I have education in hard science as well as public policy.  AND I have actual work experience in both.  I've worked in a lab.  I've worked in public health.  I've worked in policy.  I am one of the go-to guys in the state.  I was the engineer of the strategy that brought down the marijuana legalization law. New Hampshire has reached out to me for help with marijuana policy.  New York State has reached out to me with help in prescription drug abuse prevention strategies.  I've done national presentations.

You'v taken some college courses and holler on the internet.  You don't hold a candle to me, though, I do agree you probably are smarter than ECH.

Bolded the part where you implied that governments were interested in the things you have to say. Maybe you meant "non-governmental advocacy groups in these states" but it's not what you said.

I think you're probably expecting too much of him... logical consistency would require a level of intellect he just doesn't have the capacity for.

Poor thing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

AFK

Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 11, 2013, 07:53:11 PM
It's just nature. You can't fight it. Some people are just smarter, better-looking, and more pleasant to be around than others.

OMG, irony overload.

:lulz:

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Also, it hasn't escaped my attention that for every post I make, you make about 5 in response.

Overcompensation much?

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm starting to feel kind of dirty... it really isn't fair to pick on someone with RWHN's relative mental disadvantage.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 11, 2013, 08:40:41 PM
I'm starting to feel kind of dirty... it really isn't fair to pick on someone with RWHN's relative mental disadvantage.

You can pick on me any day  :wink:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 11, 2013, 08:41:09 PM
Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 11, 2013, 08:40:41 PM

You can pick on me any day  :wink:

:lol: Sounds like more fun anyway... you'd be a fair challenge in a battle of wits, whereas RWHN is essentially unarmed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The End on August 11, 2013, 08:34:10 PM
Also, it hasn't escaped my attention that for every post I make, you make about 5 in response.

Overcompensation much?

\

That's my posting style, and has been for years. Old habit from the dialup BBS days.

Plus, it drives Pagans and bureacrats batshit.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The End on August 11, 2013, 08:32:32 PM
Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 11, 2013, 07:53:11 PM
It's just nature. You can't fight it. Some people are just smarter, better-looking, and more pleasant to be around than others.

OMG, irony overload.

\

I don't think you know what that word means. :lol: I don't know if you've noticed this yet, but YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON HERE WHO LIKES YOU.

And I'm not even convinced of that.

Anna Mae Bollocks

We could put up a poll ("WHO LIKES RWHN???"), but the results would be utterly predictable.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

I can't parse data worth a damn, but if you're so much smarter than me then why aren't YOU working for a bunch of non-profits in shitty central Maine?
                                             \

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on August 11, 2013, 09:16:31 PM
I can't parse data worth a damn, but if you're so much smarter than me then why aren't YOU working for a bunch of non-profits in shitty central Maine?
                                             \

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: