News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 12:56:18 AM
Quote from: Pæs on August 12, 2013, 12:49:37 AM
I mean, somehow Nigel managed to follow the conversation just fine but your reading comprehension failed you.

Bit embarrassing after all of that "I AM ON THE PITCHERS MOUND" chest-thumping.

Her response was very general and doesn't acknowledge any prior conversation.
Sure, it could look that way to an absolute simpleton, reading that one post out of context.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He doesn't even know what thread he's in. :lol: Cant tell if he's really that dumb, or if he's drunk, or what.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

But, in any event Paes, you are quite right, which is why I find Nigel's delusions about my intelligence so comical.  There is no way for her to actually have the first clue about my background other than what I've shared.  Anything else is 4th grade school yard antics.  Which, perhaps I will posit, is a window into her character. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pæs

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 11, 2013, 11:39:18 PM
Quote from: The End on August 11, 2013, 11:23:30 PM
Wow, I am shocked that our resident "thinkmonkey" can't explain the classic signs of needing to fit in. 

You see Gogira, it's pretty simple.  Stella uses the same silly gif that Nigel does because she's a me-too.  She wants to be accepted and liked by Nigel, so she thinks if she emulates her behavior, then she will continue to be accepted as one of them.  It isn't bullying, it's the strong need within Stella to have that validation and acceptance.

We see the same from bearman, latching on to Twid's coffee gag, and starting up the popularity thread after Nigel makes a comment about measuring my popularity here.  Again, not bullying, just bearman's strong desire and motivation to be accepted as one of the members of the cool club.

Do you understand or shall I make you an infographic?

It isn't a gif, it's a jpg.
                                                \

Also, I understand that you are not very observant, but trying to jab at my handle is not likely to be effective because, unlike you, I don't select things like that in order to brag about myself. I understand that you assumed that would be the case, because that is the kind of petty boasting you would do, but you should give up every trying to understand my motivations because I'm a lot smarter than you are, and there's no way you will ever be able to grasp the complexities of an intelligence so far above your own.

That said, I will do you a favor and clue you in. My handle is a joke about the fact that even though I'm not actually on a social science track, I keep getting matched with social science internships, much to my dismay. I understand that you can't comprehend humor more subtle than bad puns, but it is a form of self-deprecating irony. Trying to jab at it just makes you look stupid.

Er, stupider.

Also, I know we all look alike to you but I wasn't the person who made the comment about a popularity poll.

Lastly, Stella and I started out fighting like cats and dogs, but gradually found that we actually like each other. Implying that she's groveling at me for a "jacket" is fucking insulting as shit, and if you take a look at that you may start to see that people dislike you less because they all wish to band together and find social acceptance in a happy peedee family, and more because you're an ass to them.

Also this.

I didn't even dislike you when we were arguing, really. I could respect you.

Can't say the same for a jerk who crows about throwing kids under a bus and calls it "prevention".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The End on August 12, 2013, 01:05:09 AM
But, in any event Paes, you are quite right, which is why I find Nigel's delusions about my intelligence so comical.  There is no way for her to actually have the first clue about my background other than what I've shared.  Anything else is 4th grade school yard antics.  Which, perhaps I will posit, is a window into her character.
\

"perhaps I will posit"  :lol:

You should really work on learning to string a sentence together.

The fact that you're a dull knife isn't too hard to figure out; you're obviously a SGiTR and you're never going to figure it out. 4th grade level is about all you're capable of understanding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

It's all you are capable of delivering.

Pæs

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Anna Mae Bollocks

AFK

I walk my talk.  Every damned day.  I got where I am through skill, yes intelligence, and hard work.  I haven't been randomly plucked from the populous to be put in the positions I have.  My reputation is one that I've built.  So much that I was offered a five-figure increase at a new job which I unfortunately had to decline because it would have created a commute that would have drastically reduced family time.  And among everything else, I'm a damned good father and always put my kiddos first.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Why do you keep bringing your kids up like being a parent is some kind of moral high ground?

AFK

Keep?  Where else did I mention them in this thread?  Also, if you read again, it was offered as the explanation of why I turned down a job.  You are reading words that aren't there.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 12, 2013, 01:28:30 AM
Why do you keep bringing your kids up like being a parent is some kind of moral high ground?

Because he's a PREVENTIONIST and in the World According To RWHN kids are little pawns to be used to further whatever his fucked up little agenda happens to be at the moment.