News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I'm sorry, please go on. You were saying how awesome smooth jazz is. How those long, totslly not gay saxaphone solos make lady parts quiver in a 35 mile radius? How it's not just a shamless hackneyed pissed on excuse for a musical genre that white people put on the radio because it's safe and sterile.

You know what smooth jazz musicians aren't doing, though, you know, don't quote me on this, it's not a peer reviewed opinion, they sure arnt smoking ang weed or anything else that might resemble something moderately cool, fun, or exciting.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Apropos of extreme idiocy: one wonders if smooth jazz would exist at all if it werent for, you know, a bunch of pot smoking musicians who gained poularity so fast that they drew the eyes and ears of a whole nation, in part prompting marijuana prohibition?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

God can you please stop saying smooth jazz. Those words make me gag. They're like moist cankles.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

:lulz:

Ive also heard it referred to as money jazz.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on August 18, 2013, 06:36:49 PM
:lulz:

Ive also heard it referred to as money jazz.

All I can see is this:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

The correct terminology is contemporary jazz.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: Alty on August 18, 2013, 06:28:52 PM
I'm sorry, please go on. You were saying how awesome smooth jazz is. How those long, totslly not gay saxaphone solos make lady parts quiver in a 35 mile radius? How it's not just a shamless hackneyed pissed on excuse for a musical genre that white people put on the radio because it's safe and sterile.

You know what smooth jazz musicians aren't doing, though, you know, don't quote me on this, it's not a peer reviewed opinion, they sure arnt smoking ang weed or anything else that might resemble something moderately cool, fun, or exciting.

What is "ang weed"?

East Coast Hustle

"contemporary jazz"?

PROTIP: anytime you find yourself listening to any genre of music with the word "contemporary" in it, just go hang yourself. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Quote from: Balls Wellington on August 18, 2013, 09:51:00 PM
"contemporary jazz"?

PROTIP: anytime you find yourself listening to any genre of music with the word "contemporary" in it, just go hang yourself. :lulz:

Says the In Flames fan.

East Coast Hustle

Not that I would expect anything else from a guy who thinks that My Dying Bride is the height of metal. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

No, that would be Devin Townsend.

East Coast Hustle

I bet you liked Winger and Extreme when everyone else liked Motley Crue and Guns N Roses.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The End on August 18, 2013, 09:53:40 PM
No, that would be Devin Townsend.

Yes, well, once again you make my point for me. :lulz:

AFK

Quote from: Balls Wellington on August 18, 2013, 09:54:27 PM
I bet you liked Winger and Extreme when everyone else liked Motley Crue and Guns N Roses.

All four were junk.  I was into Savatage, Tesla, and Badlands.