News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

ATTN: Tripletits/URGENT

Started by Cuddlefish, August 13, 2013, 11:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

The incorrect numbers are all correct. What do you intend on doing about this?
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Triple Zero

What??? I gave you two versions, at least one of them is bound to be wrong!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2013, 12:08:19 AM

Only if you look in the box.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2013, 12:08:19 AM

But it's not properly wrong unless it's ALL WRONG!

Triple Zero

It clearly states the second one is wrong, so the first one must be incorrect, if my logic is right, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cuddlefish

So, what is wrong is right? That makes sense and explains everything. I thought I was just doing it wrong the whole time. Turns out I was right.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 14, 2013, 12:17:56 AM
But it's not properly wrong unless it's ALL WRONG!

I double-checked, and the wrong version has incorrect numbers for its intended purpose, whereas the numbers in the first version are all wrong, just not individually so.

I don't see there is anything that needs to be done, certainly nothing that should be corrected, because there's nothing wrong about the wrong incorrect version, whereas the proper incorrect numbers may at first appear to have nothing wrong with them, this is very accurately and specifically not the case.

Cainad (dec.)

This is why you should have had ME generate the incorrect numbers. Mine were ALWAYS incorrect.

Triple Zero

But how would I know your assessment would be?

That's why I made a computer do it, I studied computer science for years to make them give wrong results, that I never got my Masters degree proves I know to to get this shit wrong!

The Good Reverend Roger

We could just ask Filthy Assistant.  He's been working for me for 6 years, and he has NEVER gotten a number right, EVER.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

I bet he'll manage to get just a few crucial ones right, just because :lulz:

I made those charts at the CT meetup a few years back, for reasons I only partially remember.

Dimo are these going to be in the BIP2013 or something? (and does that mean you need a non-photo avatar? I still have Suu's cartoon avatar of me lying around, though just BW not the coloured version) (I also still have those of squiddy, ech, eve, rwhn, lmno, dcup, payne, ratatosk, suu, richter, fred, cram and cain, in case you or anyone needs them)

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2013, 01:46:12 AM
I bet he'll manage to get just a few crucial ones right, just because :lulz:

I made those charts at the CT meetup a few years back, for reasons I only partially remember.

We needed to calculate how much everyone was going to pitch in for the rental, which was mildly complicated by the fact that people who slept on the floor would pay less than people who actually got a bed.

As it turns out, I am EXTREMELY good at fucking up algebra problems.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2013, 01:46:12 AM
Dimo are these going to be in the BIP2013 or something?

They are now  :lulz:

But no, intended purpose of topic (this) was for the  :? and the  :lulz:, possibly the  :argh!:

These things, they are urgent, no?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Cramulus

You only think trip made the numbers wrong! That's what's so funny! Trip switched numbers when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never put oil in the pasta water" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Dutchman when arbitrary numbers are on a diagonal line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...