News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

From the Desk of TGRR; Corporate Life in the 21st Century (blog)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 21, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 27, 2013, 12:34:06 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2013, 08:20:04 PM
Hideous saga continues:

Mike has now decided that the mill has had a week to heal, so we're going to try again.  Because if you REALLY REALLY want the universe to do stuff, it will happen.

Quote from the contractor's engineer:  "Is everyone here on crack?"

:lulz:

WHAT THE FUCK.  :horrormirth:

It's like I'm taking crazy pills.  :whack:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Reverend What's His Bear on August 27, 2013, 01:04:20 AM
I want to be the janitor in Roger's plant.

No, actually, you don't.  Because the janitor has to clean my office bathroom. 

I'd describe what that means, but I lack the necessary knowledge of Voodoo to really explain it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Trivial

:eek:

Holy crap it's like your workplace is populated with people from my workplace.  Glad my co-workers aren't around heavy machinery.

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mome Papess Trivial on August 27, 2013, 02:35:24 AM

Holy crap it's like your workplace is populated with people from my workplace.  Glad my co-workers aren't around heavy machinery.

The whole world is populated with people from your workplace.

Chew on that one for a while.

Trivial

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 02:38:02 AM

:horrormirth:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 02:38:02 AM

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

:horror:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

TWO DAYS TIL THE HILARITY BEGINS!

Words cannot really express how much I love working in an industry where the words "catastrophic failure" are not in any sense hyperbole.

:hammer:

Don't you fuckers wish you were me?

Also, TKN seems to have the most annoying personality I've ever seen, even in a young neckbeard.  He may be genuinely insane.  I'm sending him to work for Mike for the rest of the week.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 09:53:35 PM

Words cannot really express how much I love working in an industry where the words "catastrophic failure" are not in any sense hyperbole.

Also, TKN seems to have the most annoying personality I've ever seen, even in a young neckbeard.  He may be genuinely insane.  I'm sending him to work for Mike for the rest of the week.

Oh shit, no way.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 27, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

Further evaluation:  NOT insane.  Just NO SOCIAL SKILLS AT ALL.

It's fucking UNCANNY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 27, 2013, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 27, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

Further evaluation:  NOT insane.  Just NO SOCIAL SKILLS AT ALL.

It's fucking UNCANNY.

Those are the best kind of neckbeard!

Granted, a neckbeard gave me completely valid romantic advice the other night. Out of the blue. It was quite surprising.

The Good Reverend Roger

Tried to rack in the office building's power this morning.

Bits of the 13,800/208 VAC transformer landed on the roof.

Going to meeting now, BRB, lol.

The Good Reverend Roger

AUDIT TIME.

Someone order me one of those new buttholes like ECH has?

LMNO

Hold on.  This thing blew up just before an audit?

:omg:

Or is it that every time something blows up, it triggers an audit?

:jumper:

The Good Reverend Roger