News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

From the Desk of TGRR; Corporate Life in the 21st Century (blog)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 21, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 29, 2013, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 06:47:27 PM
Mill bearings failed, though the mill didn't break loose.

There's another $67,500.  And that's the least costly fuck up so far.

It's a good thing corporations aren't stupid and wasteful, like the gubmint.

Ouch. What's the full bill currently at? And why is someone not getting sacked for this?

About $450K over budget.

And nobody's gotten fired because because.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 28, 2013, 08:25:42 PM
Coming to realize that Tucson is actually sort of the multiverse's junkheap.  It's full of stuff that's just a little out of phase with the rest of you bastards.  Things that look nonsensical to the outsider, because it wasn't from that person's universe in the first fucking place.  I mean, NOTHING HERE WORKS.  How does this city even function?  It's just failure after failure after failure.  It's like Lucy pulling the football out from in front of Charley Brown EVERY TIME HE TRIES TO KICK IT.

And the WAYS in which things fail are utterly non-believable.  It's some horrible troll from a young and malicious deity.  And we bite EVERY TIME, because WE CAN'T STOP OURSELVES from thinking that MAYBE, THIS TIME, Lucy will let us kick the football.

Thing is, the fucking football is broken, too.  And Lucy is a meth addict.

And this is why you can't escape.  When you leave, you THINK you went back to where you came from, but you didn't.  You went instead to some place that LOOKS like where you came from, but it's not quite RIGHT.  And eventually, that out of phase universe rejects you, and you slide all the way back to Tucson, where the body bags come pre-stuffed and every day is like Christmas.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING? OH WAIT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 07:04:22 PM

Yes, everyone is mad at me.

Cause and effect?  NEVER FUCKING HEARD OF IT.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's uncanny.  It's one madman after another.  It's like I live in a factory for crazy.

All I wanted to do was fix shit.  I just want things to work right.  There's a feeling of satisfaction that comes with a completed project and...HAW HAW TUCSON.

Q. G. Pennyworth

LIKE GANDALF, YOUR APPROACH IS A PORTENT OF BAD THINGS TO COME.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 29, 2013, 07:09:31 PM
LIKE GANDALF, YOUR APPROACH IS A PORTENT OF BAD THINGS TO COME.

See reply #92.  I am in the wrong universe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 07:04:54 PM
Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 07:04:22 PM

They're mad at YOU.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Surprise Happy Endings Whether You Want Them Or Not on August 29, 2013, 07:21:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 29, 2013, 07:04:54 PM

They're mad at YOU.  :horrormirth:

I said it.  It happened.

Booga booga.

The Good Reverend Roger

Maybe I could do like Justin Timberlake does.  You know, cart around a large contingent of Black people to sing about how "real" I am, before I say anything.  Maybe then they'd listen.

LMNO

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION.

Atcually, I think you should Be Like Miley, and have big-assed black women follow you around, twerking on anything they can get their butts on.

Salty

Maybe if you twerked on all of them while you gave them important information it would help. Maybe Roger twerking is all they really need/want.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on August 29, 2013, 08:06:09 PM
Maybe if you twerked on all of them while you gave them important information it would help. Maybe Roger twerking is all they really need/want.

Isn't that all anyone wants?

The Good Reverend Roger

True story:  About two years ago, our city zoo decided it would be a good idea to plant oleanders next to the giraffes.

Whoops.

Send to Africa for more giraffes.