News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

I love Miley Cyrus

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 10, 2013, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
Post was in progress when you put up your puppet strings one.

I think you're probably right, but I feel there's a grosser part about "dads of teenaged daughters" that's in there somewhere, and I don't want to look at it because GROSS.

Here's a version of the GROSS from back in the day: http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-father-takes-one-more-look-at-liner-notes-of,3472/

QuoteJEFFERSON CITY, MO–Marv Reynolds, 42, father of 11-year-old Ashley, slipped into his daughter's bedroom for one more look at the liner notes to her Britney Spears album Monday. "Just like to see what my daughter's into these days," said Reynolds, perusing the photo-packed booklet accompanying Spears' Oops!...I Did It Again for the fourth time in as many days.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 06:22:08 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 12, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
Post was in progress when you put up your puppet strings one.

I think you're probably right, but I feel there's a grosser part about "dads of teenaged daughters" that's in there somewhere, and I don't want to look at it because GROSS.

Here's a version of the GROSS from back in the day: http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-father-takes-one-more-look-at-liner-notes-of,3472/

QuoteJEFFERSON CITY, MO–Marv Reynolds, 42, father of 11-year-old Ashley, slipped into his daughter's bedroom for one more look at the liner notes to her Britney Spears album Monday. "Just like to see what my daughter's into these days," said Reynolds, perusing the photo-packed booklet accompanying Spears' Oops!...I Did It Again for the fourth time in as many days.

Glad I'm not the only person to see this.   :lulz:

I mean, it's pretty obvious.  And it's also obvious why most people won't look at the manipulation.

Britney Spears was once asked about how she feels about "all the 40 year olds in the front row".  Her response was "I try not to think about them."

Three weeks later, her "first career" was over, and the reporter who asked the question was reassigned away from music entertainment, and then terminated a few months later.  Which may have been a series of coincidences.  You decide.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

The lesson there is "WE DO NOT TELL THE TRUTH IN FRONT OF THE MONEY".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

I'm glad I read the entire thread before I saw the video, or I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

I see it now though.. May have something brewing in my noggin.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Worth noting:  Nobody "killed" Spear's career.   It's just that her target audience had their fantasy ruined, and stopped buying, and her current album flopped.

LMNO

What's kind of amazing is that anyone could think this image was aimed at teenage girls:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 12, 2013, 06:29:15 PM
What's kind of amazing is that anyone could think this image was aimed at teenage girls:

You can be as blatant as you like, as long as you don't mention it out loud.

Kai

Roger, these revelations are giving me a giggling headache.

So, basically, Miley Cyrus is in the "creepy 40 year old men" business, which is a hush hush secret. Or at least she was (and it was), until she jumped ship. And now that contingent doesn't want anything to do with her because she revealed their dirty dirty secret. That to me makes me think she was in charge of it all and understands exactly what she is doing. She decided she wanted a different sort of audience, so she ruined her current demographic. Beautiful.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Maybe she was all, "My net worth is $120 Million.  Fuck these guys."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on September 12, 2013, 06:33:06 PM

So, basically, Miley Cyrus is in the "creepy 40 year old men" business, which is a hush hush secret. Or at least she was (and it was), until she jumped ship. And now that contingent doesn't want anything to do with her because she revealed their dirty dirty secret. That to me makes me think she was in charge of it all and understands exactly what she is doing. She decided she wanted a different sort of audience, so she ruined her current demographic. Beautiful.

Oh, they want something to do with her.  They want to makes sure everyone knows she's a DIRTY LITTLE WHORE who has BETRAYED them their teenage children. by tearing back the vinyl ACTING LIKE A TOTAL SLUT.

And it's my opinion that she did this on purpose.  By which I meant, "she deliberately attacked her target demographic", rather than "She went all skanky".  Because that wasn't skanky, it was gross (VMAs), and potentially terrifying (Wrecking Ball)...

...And the FUNNIEST BIT IS, the type of person offended can't admit even to themselves why they are offended, because it's fucking PEDO BEAR (which she thoughtfully included in the VMA act). 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 12, 2013, 06:35:34 PM

Or maybe, unlike Brittney, she just couldn't "not think about it"...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 12, 2013, 06:35:34 PM

I would, in her position.  On top of that, she gets to screech laughter with everyone's eyes glued on her.

My envy is a truck.  A really big fuckin' truck.  One of those ore hauler bastards.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 12, 2013, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: Kai on September 12, 2013, 06:33:06 PM

Oh, they want something to do with her.  They want to makes sure everyone knows she's a DIRTY LITTLE WHORE who has BETRAYED them their teenage children. by tearing back the vinyl ACTING LIKE A TOTAL SLUT.

And it's my opinion that she did this on purpose.  By which I meant, "she deliberately attacked her target demographic", rather than "She went all skanky".  Because that wasn't skanky, it was gross (VMAs), and potentially terrifying (Wrecking Ball)...

...And the FUNNIEST BIT IS, the type of person offended can't admit even to themselves why they are offended, because it's fucking PEDO BEAR (which she thoughtfully included in the VMA act).

I don't understand how more people aren't tipped off by the Pedobears. It's like a giant middle finger. Actually, the whole VMA show is like a giant middle finger. "Here, let me destroy all those nasty fantasies you have with me.  8)"
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Salty

Thing about Britney is, she never had a chance. Her family wasn't in show business, her family was in the "Let's make this smattering of my DNA count." She was set in motion when she was 3 years old.

She also happens to be an idiot.

Miley Cyrus MAY be an idiot, I don't know enough to say. But she doesn't have to be because Britney was, is. Madonna is kind of an idiot, but Kabblah happens to the best of us. But here we have a young woman in the 21st Century, a new human being in a very interestinf and information heavy time in humanity's run.

Why is it so far fetched, for some, that she might be different.

Alty,
Still hasn't watched shit.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

And it's no surprise to me that, as Nigel has repeatedly pointed out, she had a great deal of difficulty getting her label to process this album.

I mean, these guys know the score.  Can you imagine what the mood in the office was, when THIS was carted in?

"I CAN'T GO BACK TO ACCOUNTANCY.  OH GOD OH GOD."