News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

I love Miley Cyrus

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 10, 2013, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on October 04, 2013, 10:30:32 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 04, 2013, 09:11:49 PM
"Like a clown farting."

Not what the writer intended, but that line actually SELLS the album.
After seeing that, I HAVE to get it.

I know, I wasn't going to buy it but now I have to. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on October 04, 2013, 10:38:06 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on October 04, 2013, 09:44:42 PM
For all I know, it might actually BE terrible. It wouldn't be the first time a young person's first solo album was terrible. But starting with his critique of the album cover, the whole review was basically him screeching because HE'S supposed to be the target audience for a young female pop star but her album ISN'T ABOUT HIM AT ALL, it isn't even PRETTY, it makes him feel CREEPY and besides it was made by a TALENTLESS LITTLE GIRL WHO ISN'T EVEN REALLY IN CHARGE. :lol:

I'll be curious to find out how her actual target audience, which doesn't seem to be teenage girls at all, but late teens/early 20's women, responds to it.

The lead in with the "I like pop, I like Madonna, etc." kind of reminded me of "some of my best friends are..."

ETA: And yes. 80's cover, guy hair...but not Annie Lennox, oooooh, no... :lol:

I KNOW! I'm just reeling in how perfect the 80's-ness of it is! Peach-to-purple fade! Mauve! Teal! Palm trees! NEON! Weird silhouette! Even THAT ONE FONT. With Miley in the middle, naked, boyish, way-too-young, just saying "You're old". :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2013, 10:47:32 PM
Strangely enough, even before I read the comments about the cover, I did wonder about that look.  It reminded me a fair bit of Justin Bieber, for some reason.

For good reason, actually:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's one of his favorite angles to be photographed from.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Another interesting thing is that the reviewer felt the need to comment on that particular cover... which isn't even the official release cover, it's one of the four potential alternates for the deluxe version.

Anna Mae Bollocks

What? WHOA.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mission fucking ACCOMPLISHED.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on October 04, 2013, 10:59:14 PM
What? WHOA.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mission fucking ACCOMPLISHED.

Yeah. He had to dig a little so he could be even MORE affronted that Miley isn't for him.

Cain

-

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2013, 11:18:37 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on October 04, 2013, 10:54:36 PM
That's one of his favorite angles to be photographed from.

And since Justin has been going off the rails lately...his "good boy" image has been severely tarnished, one wonders if there is another message in that.

I wouldn't be surprised:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/lostinshowbiz/2013/sep/26/miley-cyrus-justin-bieber-celebrity-friends

Anna Mae Bollocks

The foam finger guy is OUTRAGED. OUTRAGED AND AFFRONTED.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 10, 2013, 11:35:43 PM
I was going to but
Quote from: Be Kind, Please RWHNd on September 10, 2013, 11:34:43 PM
Jesus, that is triggering some ptsd. 

Gonna lay down now.

I know this was a bit ago, but. What the fucking hell is fucking wrong with you that you think it is ok to make light of ptsd while making it fucking abundantly clear you are some fucking saint who had to suffer through Hannah Montana and just much to fucking smart and clever and aware and cultured that you have to mock Miley Cyrus for producing anything that you for some fucking reason find offensive.

Also, fuck you fuck you fuck you.

Using ptsd as some fucking part of some really shitty joke or whatever the fuck you were trying to do is really fucking shitty. Not that anyone really expects better of you at this moment in fucking time. Comparing some mild annoyance to having ptsd is exactly like those fucking assholes that think it's cool or zany or enlightening to pretend to have some mental illness.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on October 05, 2013, 05:43:48 AM
The foam finger guy is OUTRAGED. OUTRAGED AND AFFRONTED.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

THE FOAM FINGER HAS FOREVER BEEN BESMIRCHED! D: D: D:

LMNO

Spent the majority of an after party arguing the pro-Miley side with a fairly emphatic feminist.

She absolutely HATED the "you're denying Miley agency" angle played against her.

Thanks, PD. I couldn't have done it without you.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 05, 2013, 04:47:35 PM
Spent the majority of an after party arguing the pro-Miley side with a fairly emphatic feminist.

She absolutely HATED the "you're denying Miley agency" angle played against her.

Thanks, PD. I couldn't have done it without you.

I love that angle. It's such a monkey wrench in the usual memetic works that go on when shit like this happens.

I, also, would not have considered that without this thread's discussion.