News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Why Dirty Old Uncle Roger Opposes Drug Use and Shut Up.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 16, 2013, 07:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, for once, let's just leave the subject of prohibition, etc, aside.

Drugs are bad.  Not because the demon merrywanna is going to turn you into some kind of rape freak or KILL YOU DEAD, not because people get DRUNK and plough their car into a family of five (drunks never seem to hit single-occupancy vehicles, even at 2 in the morning), not because meth will SUCK OUT ALL YOUR CALCIUM AND LEAVE YOU LOOKING LIKE A GEORGE ROMERO EXTRA...No, not for any of these reasons.

No, the reason drugs are bad is this:  They both divorce you from the world as it really is while making you think you're actually getting a closer look at reality.  And let's just get one thing straight, shall we?  When you do Harmine (Ayuasca, for you hippies) or pot or acid or just plain old bourbon, you aren't getting a special view of the REAL, INNER WORKINGS OF THE UNIVERSE.  No.  You are merely FUCKED UP, and since the brain you are using to observe this is the PART THAT'S FUCKED UP, you think that you're observing impassively the nature of All Things, while in reality you're giggling like a retard in your bean bag chair.

And after a while, it gets harder and harder to see things the way they really are, even when you're not actively using the intoxicant.  You left your Slackā„¢ in the bottom of a long neck bottle, and some infernal bar-back has hauled if off, never to be seen again.

The other really neat thing about illegal drugs is this; the people that matter WANT you using them, on account of two things:

1.  You're too fucked up to be any trouble, and

2.  They can harvest you alongside another few dozen druggies whenever CCA needs more slave labor.

So they have you coming and going, which is hardly surprising.  They KNOW a certain portion of the population is going to do drugs whether or not they're legal, an they KNOW that that percentage of the population is the PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION THAT WILL DO DRUGS IF THE DRUGS WERE LEGAL.

You, as a drug user, are a CROP.  The banks are making a ton of money off of you now, and CCA will make a ton of money off of you when you get harvested.

There really isn't any upside to doing drugs (including alcohol), when you think about it, except for that monkey impulse to whack your pleasure center with a ball peen hammer at any opportunity.

And that's why we have sex, isn't it?

More later.

Or Kill Me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Not that anyone will read this, what with a prohibition train wreck ongoing or anything, but:

The human brain has had millions of years of evolution in which the survivors were those best able to process the data they received from their senses.  In other words, the ones with the best eyes and the best brains were up a tree a few moments before the leopard arrived and ate their cousin Milty.  Milty doesn't get to breed, bad vision and bad processing is edited out of the species, one cousin Milty at a time.

Now, you're taking that brain and deliberately skewing it's functions.  You are essentially becoming cousin Milty for a little while, by distorting your perceptions.

And I gotta ask, how does THAT help you see the world in a more efficient or realistic manner?  Ask cousin Milty about how that worked out.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What The Fox Say on September 16, 2013, 08:11:39 PM
It can be fun, though.

Sure.  I have all sorts of fun that is bad for me and probably isn't giving me anything useful at all, experience-wise.

I've also found that I have more fun at parties if I drink coffee and enjoy some conversation, than if I drink booze and try to have a conversation.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on September 16, 2013, 08:12:58 PM
I agree. Even on the alcohol aspect.

Alcohol is just another drug.  It's just that it is socially acceptable.

tarod

I mostly agree. I drink, but I'm under no delusion that I'm any smarter or wiser or funnier. I drink to give less fucks. Drugs are meh. I've tried a few.  :evil:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tarod on September 16, 2013, 08:18:06 PM
I mostly agree. I drink, but I'm under no delusion that I'm any smarter or wiser or funnier. I drink to give less fucks. Drugs are meh. I've tried a few.  :evil:

Thanks for the input. 

You seem a little gangsta.

Salty

Alcohol is a terrible drug. It makes you feel false confidence.

You walk into a room full of monkeys, and in order to make them, or yourself, tolerable you pour liquid distraction. After awhile your gut stops trying to twist its way away from all those monkeys, and the booze rushes past it and into your brain and heart, and everything becomes clear.

That's when you start getting stupid and making allowances you would not otherwise.

This, I feel, like any medicine is good in certain doses. Relying on it will turn you into a turnip. Comparatively.

Alty,
Wants, like, 26 beers, has ukcers.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on September 16, 2013, 08:24:23 PM
Alcohol is a terrible drug. It makes you feel false confidence.

Yep.  You turn into cousin Milty for a while, and it seems fun, because cousin Milty wasn't very bright...And, you know, simple things for simple minds.  Minds like cousin Milty's.  And sometimes, minds like yours and mine.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah, and the more they make things SUCK, the more people want to JUST GET FUCKED UP AND NOT THINK ABOUT IT FOR AWHILE and the easier it is for them to grab people.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

tarod

Also moderation and/or drinking at home goes a long way towards not getting tossed in the clink.

tarod

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 16, 2013, 08:24:06 PM
Quote from: tarod on September 16, 2013, 08:18:06 PM

Thanks for the input. 

You seem a little gangsta.

Gangsta? I've been somewhat cranky lately on account of a deadbeat ex. Might account for it.

Junkenstein

Quote from: stelz on September 16, 2013, 08:40:43 PM
Yeah, and the more they make things SUCK, the more people want to JUST GET FUCKED UP AND NOT THINK ABOUT IT FOR AWHILE and the easier it is for them to grab people.

This isn't even a joke either. Look at the degree of involvement of say, the CIA and drug trafficking. There's more than one person who benefits from you being strung out. The immediate profit goes to the dealer and suppliers, the later profit the state when you're working for free for X years.

If anywhere needed a couple hundred or thousand extra prisoners overnight, do you think it would be hard? Do you think the NSA hasn't cracked your super secret weed buying slang?

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tarod on September 16, 2013, 08:54:45 PM
Also moderation and/or drinking at home goes a long way towards not getting tossed in the clink.

My point is now buried under braggadosio.

Thread over.