Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, September 17, 2013, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 21, 2013, 11:49:09 PM
That is really beautiful.

It's one of my favorite places. I am regularly reminded of how lucky I am to live here; it's a sort of paradise.

A paradise where we all suffer from vitamin D deficiency and are neurotic and often anemic and suicidal, but still.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 21, 2013, 11:59:02 PM

It's one of my favorite places. I am regularly reminded of how lucky I am to live here; it's a sort of paradise.

A paradise where we all suffer from vitamin D deficiency and are neurotic and often anemic and suicidal, but still.

Haha, I feel the same way about home. As much as I love some of the dramatic, rocky shores and mottled skies, I wish I could go for a decent hike without having to drive a few hours to do it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 22, 2013, 12:09:09 AM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 21, 2013, 11:59:02 PM

Haha, I feel the same way about home. As much as I love some of the dramatic, rocky shores and mottled skies, I wish I could go for a decent hike without having to drive a few hours to do it.

That's one thing nice about here. Eagle Creek is 40 minutes East, and most of the other hikes I go on regularly are within the city limits.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sita

Hubby out of the blue asked me where I'd like to go for a few days to a week in state.
But not the typical touristy places (ie Orlando is out. So is the beach sadly.)

Anyone know of places to go in Florida that are relatively inexpensive that would be cool for a mini vacation?
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

East Coast Hustle

Fernandina Beach is nice and not all that touristy (at least last time I was there).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

And really, if you're not going to a beach what's the point of Florida?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sita

I'd love to go but husband hates the beach. He doesn't like how the sand gets in everything and refuses to swim in the ocean.
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Sita on October 22, 2013, 01:49:57 AM
I'd love to go but husband hates the beach. He doesn't like how the sand gets in everything and refuses to swim in the ocean.

Leave him at home or a hotel or a strip club. Just make sure he only has cash, no plastic.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 21, 2013, 11:02:57 PM
Quote from: Suu on October 21, 2013, 10:22:20 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the average elevation of the trail?

The Pacific Crest, or Forest Park?

The Crest, though that's a pretty awesome looking park.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

You live in Florida.

Trade that man in and get another one, because he's clearly defective. Or just get him polarized sunglasses. They at least show you where the bull sharks are off the sandbar.

-Suu
Stung by stingray, brushed by a nurse shark (they're like kitties!), chased out of the water by a tiger shark at Weedon Island, caught and ate her own blacktip shark, sat on a cownose ray (don't ask), still goes in the Gulf of Mexico, but not the North Atlantic, because of the jellyfish and Portuguese Men-o-war. Fuck those things.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on October 22, 2013, 03:28:57 AM

You live in Florida.

Trade that man in and get another one, because he's clearly defective. Or just get him polarized sunglasses. They at least show you where the bull sharks are off the sandbar.

-Suu
Stung by stingray, brushed by a nurse shark (they're like kitties!), chased out of the water by a tiger shark at Weedon Island, caught and ate her own blacktip shark, sat on a cownose ray (don't ask), still goes in the Gulf of Mexico, but not the North Atlantic, because of the jellyfish and Portuguese Men-o-war. Fuck those things.

The trick is, you get the oxygen bottle in the shark's mouth, then you shoot it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 22, 2013, 03:52:12 AM

You live in Florida.

-Suu

The trick is, you get the oxygen bottle in the shark's mouth, then you shoot it.

My brother has wanted to try this for years. True story. Though his rig involved a harpoon gun.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on October 22, 2013, 03:59:22 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 22, 2013, 03:52:12 AM

You live in Florida.

-Suu

My brother has wanted to try this for years. True story. Though his rig involved a harpoon gun.

A harpoon ain't puncturing a pressure vessel, no matter how fast you shoot it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sita

You live in Florida.

-Suu
I've lived in Florida my whole life. Been to the beach 3 times at most. I've grown to accept that the beach is just something for me to daydream of.
He doesn't like the idea of swimming with any fish around. Doesn't matter if that fish is a shark, ray or minnow.
And of course he's defective, he married me :lol: