News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Coyote solicites recomendations for Rap and Hip-Hop to listen to

Started by Don Coyote, October 16, 2013, 08:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:22:59 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 16, 2013, 06:18:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

I don't want be a dick, but I don't want holist posting in any of my threads. If he continues, or if people can't hold it in their pants, I'd like to ask for a thread split at that time. This also applies to the muppet.

Noted.

Appreciated.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Igor on October 16, 2013, 04:52:57 PM
Jean Grae

Definitely Yes. And even though she never authorized it and AFAIK hates that it exists, the Blue Sky Black Death album where they lay their own beats under her vocal tracks (Jean Grae: Evil Jeanius is the album) is absolutely stellar.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 16, 2013, 09:38:09 PM
Quote from: Igor on October 16, 2013, 04:52:57 PM
Jean Grae

Definitely Yes. And even though she never authorized it and AFAIK hates that it exists, the Blue Sky Black Death album where they lay their own beats under her vocal tracks (Jean Grae: Evil Jeanius is the album) is absolutely stellar.

Why would she hate an obvious tribute like that?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Ehh, IIRC there's a story behind it but I can't remember it right now.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 16, 2013, 06:29:28 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:22:59 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 16, 2013, 06:18:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

I don't want be a dick, but I don't want holist posting in any of my threads. If he continues, or if people can't hold it in their pants, I'd like to ask for a thread split at that time. This also applies to the muppet.

Noted.

Appreciated.

It looks like the list of people who don't want those two borking their threads is growing. Count me in? Thanks.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2013, 03:06:13 PM
I don't have as much background as ECH, but here are a few things I keep coming back to (that haven't been mentioned yet - no need for redundancy):

Ultramagenetic MCs
The Roots
Black Star
Tribe Called Quest
Public Enemy
N.A.S.A.
Zebra Katz

Yes.  Many of these are mainstream.  I know.

I would also add De La Soul to that list.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro