News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Atheists and White Supremacists

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 23, 2013, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Hoopla on October 30, 2013, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 30, 2013, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 30, 2013, 12:31:43 PM
I don't think there's as much hate as you may suspect.

Yeah, well, more than half the board won't give either one of us the fucking time of day.

In this particular thread I don't think there is as much hate towed Nigel in particular, as she may believe.   

I agree I think Nigel the idea was attacked more than the person. But it sucks though because both are amazing things. Then Roger got kicked down, and I didn't pick up on it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mr. Bear on November 02, 2013, 07:13:16 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 30, 2013, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 30, 2013, 12:31:43 PM
I don't think there's as much hate as you may suspect.

Yeah, well, more than half the board won't give either one of us the fucking time of day.

I honestly barely have anything new to post in a reply. If I do it's probably meaningless, or has already been said. I assume it would come off as a "like" on Facebook. Also you guys have a higher level of education than me, and more life experiences than me. I was dealt a better hand in life so I obviously can't relate to some of the experiences  you guys have punched through. A lot of times when I post I feel like that single un married guy among the people with kids etc talking about parent stuff. I do my best to ignore the chest thumping , or snarky comments whenever someone doesn't understand, or takes offense to my bluntness.

I tell the really real atheists that they will never be Carl Sagan, and walk away.

Nigel: The Idea!

And with less hate than I may think! That really makes me want to go back and read it. :horrormirth:

Carl Sagan was awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I agree that complicit silence is one time when SHUTTING UP is not okay. I think the societal conditioning that makes letting foul and stupid shit perpetuate should be changed. Which will also not happen unless people stop SHUTTING UP.

And that sucks because going against the peer group leads to so many unfortunate side-effects. Too bad 'right' and 'easy' don't line up more often.

But since they don't, right and hard it is.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on November 03, 2013, 10:29:49 PM
I agree that complicit silence is one time when SHUTTING UP is not okay. I think the societal conditioning that makes letting foul and stupid shit perpetuate should be changed. Which will also not happen unless people stop SHUTTING UP.

And that sucks because going against the peer group leads to so many unfortunate side-effects. Too bad 'right' and 'easy' don't line up more often.

But since they don't, right and hard it is.

YES.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got bored so I'm reading the thread.  :horrormirth:

Thank you to LMNO for going back and reading what I actually said, I appreciate that.

I'm on about page 20 and it's incredibly frustrating. But nice to see that several people do seem to have listened to what I actually said instead of what they assumed I said.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want to clarify my comment about privilege, because I think that left a few people confused. The act of identifying as an Atheist in Western society can only exist in a state of privilege. What I mean by this is not that people cannot be atheists unless they are privileged; I am saying that a person who does not exist in a state of privilege is unlikely to hold and identify themselves by beliefs that are significantly  different from those of the culture they're immersed in, let alone to identify themselves as an Atheist in a primarily Theist environment. Things like religion and philosophy tend to take a back seat to survival.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 04, 2013, 01:40:50 AM
I got bored so I'm reading the thread.  :horrormirth:

Thank you to LMNO for going back and reading what I actually said, I appreciate that.

I'm on about page 20 and it's incredibly frustrating. But nice to see that several people do seem to have listened to what I actually said instead of what they assumed I said.

I understand what you said, and I think I took a little too much personally in my own interpretation of what you said. I'm not going to go all slobbery "I'm sorry Nigel" about it, because I still don't completely agree with your position, but it has more merit and it was better thought out than I gave you credit for at first.

I identify myself as a Discordian. As such, it would be sort of weird if I started barking at people for doing it wrong, whether it's a religious person for following a faith they truly relate to, or an atheist for spamming the interbutts with offensive shit just because they have something to say (or think they do). Speaking as a Discordian, I personally embrace the idea of believing outright bullshit if it serves a good purpose, so I'm not "anti-theist." On the other hand, there are a lot of assholes in the world, and for some of those assholes, the most effective way to get under their skin is to attack the bullshit they believe in. So, you know, fair game.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I appreciate it, Vex.

I still think I mainly missed the mark here, but I did accomplish one thing I wanted to do, which is to stop shutting up about a subject that has been bothering me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 04, 2013, 04:15:47 AM
I just saw this:

:lol:

But I DO feel superior to both.  THEY worry about shit that doesn't matter.  *I* worry about whether or not I am putting my best effort into dancing badly, writing excrement and calling it "poetry", and keeping my wife happy and laughing.

I know what's important, they don't, ergo I am superior.  A SUPERIOR MUTANT.  I don't expect them to understand. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 03:57:21 PM
I just saw this:

But I DO feel superior to both.  THEY worry about shit that doesn't matter.  *I* worry about whether or not I am putting my best effort into dancing badly, writing excrement and calling it "poetry", and keeping my wife happy and laughing.

I know what's important, they don't, ergo I am superior.  A SUPERIOR MUTANT.  I don't expect them to understand.

I just liked it for its topical relevance.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 04, 2013, 04:12:49 PM
I just saw this:

That comic delivers on a regular basis.  I had a laugh at it, then a laugh at myself, then a litte self-examination after which I decided how I felt and posted.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 04:14:20 PM
I just saw this:

That comic delivers on a regular basis.  I had a laugh at it, then a laugh at myself, then a litte self-examination after which I decided how I felt and posted.

Yeah, it's one of the best out there IMO. It also pisses people off on a regular basis, which is, of course, good. Oh shit, it's poking fun at ME! :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 04, 2013, 04:18:13 PM
I just saw this:

Yeah, it's one of the best out there IMO. It also pisses people off on a regular basis, which is, of course, good. Oh shit, it's poking fun at ME! :lol:

The fact that it is almost entirely focused on ridiculing Special Pleading is what makes it worthwhile.

The PUA ones were GENIUS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 04:24:07 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 04, 2013, 04:18:13 PM
I just saw this:

The fact that it is almost entirely focused on ridiculing Special Pleading is what makes it worthwhile.

The PUA ones were GENIUS.

Oh hell yes.