News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 20, 2013, 03:37:40 PM
I feel a great storm of passive agressive bullshit, winding it's way through the internet from Europe...

Oh, it's just holist.

You say that like it's a BAD thing.

Look, some dumb fucking hippie shows up on your doorstep, stinking of patchouli and poor personal hygiene, and proceeds to insult your wife, your taste, etc.  Are you going to

1.  Take him seriously, or

2.  Give him your bad day?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:40:11 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 02:47:12 PM

No, I don't pull that shit on my kids, I like them, they like me, we get along.

Also: I don't think they are sad losers. I do think that you are one.

1.  Do you pull it on your mentally defective wife?

2.  You yourself said that everyone here are sorry losers, liar.

QuoteYou are such a sorry bunch of losers.

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

Yes.

You're a liar.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 03:41:55 PM

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

Yes.

You're a liar.

Actually, I'm not. You, on the other hand, are. :)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

LMNO

Well, at the very least, he's including me.  I feel like one of the gang!

So many people forget what a mean and nasty person I can be, so prone to bias.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:43:01 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 03:41:55 PM

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

Yes.

You're a liar.

Actually, I'm not. You, on the other hand, are. :)

Dude, everyone saw your post.

Liar.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 20, 2013, 03:43:09 PM

Yes, I have always found you to be an unredeemable cunt.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Says the Salazorian apologist.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 20, 2013, 03:43:09 PM

He was speaking to PD, he just called a few specific people out.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 20, 2013, 03:45:38 PM
Says the Salazorian apologist.

I consider myself more of an explanationist.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 19, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

Look, I like you, I think you are right, being in school is the right choice. But do you actually think being constantly stressed out is a requirement?

Oh you're right, I'll totally just stop now. :roll:

Look, dumbass, I'm not "constantly stressed out". I'm not even sure where you pulled that assessment from (oh wait, yes I am. Your ass). What I am is working really hard because I have four children to raise, a house to keep, and grades to maintain, and nobody else is going to do this for me.

Yes, that is stressful on some fundamental levels, but there is only so much an individual can do to mitigate survival-related stresses. Like consciously relaxing, taking time for myself, getting enough sleep, making tome to exercise and get out into greenspaces. I do those things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:00:36 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 18, 2013, 11:51:23 PM
Holist is a self-made man. This is clearly 100% the result of doing everything right, so that puts him in a position to tell us what. Meanwhile, we're all stuck in ruts, making the same silly mistakes over and over again. He can tell that, from where he sits.

Well you know, I've been sitting here where I sit for two years now, on and off.

Looks like you're stuck in a rut.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 03:53:11 PM
Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:00:36 AM
Holist is a self-made man. This is clearly 100% the result of doing everything right, so that puts him in a position to tell us what. Meanwhile, we're all stuck in ruts, making the same silly mistakes over and over again. He can tell that, from where he sits.

Well you know, I've been sitting here where I sit for two years now, on and off.

Looks like you're stuck in a rut.

How?  He's

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 12:07:44 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 12:04:30 AM
You and i going back to school for useful degrees. Man i totally see how much of a sad patheticrut that is. I mustve been daft not to see it.

You People are not being rational.

He's obviously learned everything there is to know about being HAPPY. 

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

(I know it's pointless but here goes anyways:)

IT ISN'T REALLY ABOUT BEING HAPPY IT IS JUST NOT BEING STRESSED OUT SO MUCH AND FINDING ENJOYMENT IN LIFE.

Are you sure you don't just want other people to stop working so hard because they might succeed, thereby making you feel bad about yourself?

Especially unmarried people who don't have another person there to pick up the slack?

Because that does seem to be an undercurrent, there.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 03:50:53 PM
Quote from: holist on November 19, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

Look, I like you, I think you are right, being in school is the right choice. But do you actually think being constantly stressed out is a requirement?

Oh you're right, I'll totally just stop now. :roll:

Look, dumbass, I'm not "constantly stressed out". I'm not even sure where you pulled that assessment from (oh wait, yes I am. Your ass). What I am is working really hard because I have four children to raise, a house to keep, and grades to maintain, and nobody else is going to do this for me.

Yes, that is stressful on some fundamental levels, but there is only so much an individual can do to mitigate survival-related stresses. Like consciously relaxing, taking time for myself, getting enough sleep, making tome to exercise and get out into greenspaces. I do those things.

Don't call me dumbass, please, it's rude. I've been reading you for a long time. You don't appear to be particularly stressed, and indeed you are working hard, I can see that. As for your situation, I'm sure I have no idea, with the two of us supporting 6 kids and a household.... True, I don't go to college as well, and I do appreciate that your performance is quite outstanding. But I do a number of things besides the money-making work as well. But my comment about being constantly stressed out was more general: the responses I get seem to indicate that the majority opinion of the vocal people here (also, recalling the "let's make happyness a mental illness" thread) is that being stressed out a lot by the iniquities of the world is a requirement of honest living. I disagree with that.

(It's raining, I'm getting a lift to the school, so I have a little more time.)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 04:06:27 PM
Are you sure you don't just want other people to stop working so hard because they might succeed, thereby making you feel bad about yourself?

That's exactly what it is.  If you succeed, he has no excuse.

QuoteEspecially unmarried people who don't have another person there to pick up the slack?

Because that does seem to be an undercurrent, there.

Almost.  His principle problem is unmarried WOMEN with kids.