News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Cheers! I've been sussing out a loadout for the last few days, based on /r/skyrimmods guide, but that resource seems worth absorbing too.

Currently messing around with the following:

Campfire.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
SkyUI.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Frostfall.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Immersive Armors.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
aMidianborn.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Requiem.esp
Requiem - Bugsmasher Edition.esp
Requiem for the Indifferent.esp

Trickiest thing so far was debugging ENBoost crash after Bethesda logo which turned out to be my needing DirectX 9 components I didn't have. Now I'm figuring out what's causing my brawls to break and whether the patch fixes them. Ah, this is exactly how I remember modding.

Pæs

Also suspecting that one of my two ragdoll/physics mods is causing animals to fall out of the sky and die much more frequently than in Vanilla.

Cain

With Requiem, most of those are going to need patches.  Specifically the Dragonborn DLC ("NRM Dragonborn patch"), Campfire, Frostfall, Immersive Armors, Alternate Start ("Another Requiem Patch Central") and Hunterborn (built in FOMOD patch).  Hunterborn and Campfire also have a compatibility patch of their own.

If you're using Mod Organiser, make sure on the Archive tab that Brawl Bugs is actually checked - MO occasionally unchecks it, which is fun (also other archives too).

Pæs

Good tips! Cheers. Will make those patches happen.

Cain

No worries.  Also completely ignore everything STEP says about Requiem, as it's two years out of date.  Aside from that though, it's an excellent resource.

I also didn't notice the Legendary Patch...trust me, you want that.

And once you do start playing...pick the Alternate Start for a Necromancer in Blackreach, at least once.  Trust me, it's hilarious.

Pæs

Oh yeah, I took out the standard things at the top, including Legendary Patch. I originally had all three unofficial patches, then used TES5Edit USLEEP script to replace them and am still figuring out how to tidy up after that change.

Necromancer was one of the first alternate starts I chose. I probably should have seen it coming, tbh.

Cain

There needs to be a "welcome to Requiem" death screen, a la Dark Souls.

It could be worse - the old Azirok Dragonborn Patch used to balance Solstheim around a level 50 battlemage.  Getting an alternate start there was a death sentence.  People have actually escaped Blackreach, by contrast....

Pæs

I am dying so often. It is awesome.

Junkenstein

I've been buggering about with Cities:Skylines. Also known as "The game Sim-city should have been" It's probably the best example of a city builder that I've seen in years. Very open to mods and general tinkering, decent community churning out content to the point where it's almost overwhelming. The traffic management can be a bit of a fucker but it actually works very well as part of the game design. Poor and hasty planning is it's own punishment and even the best plans need eventual redesigns to cope with increased or unexpected volume.

I think there's still a few bugs that need to get sorted out but certainly nothing that important or game breaking. The International Airport in the city of 700K people dealing with 15-20 people a week is...odd.

Highly recommended. It's recently had a second expansion that I've not touched yet so I'd guess there will be a bulk deal in a few months for the lot.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on March 04, 2016, 08:15:43 AM

That does sound like Requiem at work.  Mage = arrow to the face experience.  Warrior = magic to the face experience.  Rogue = all your sneak attacks failing because ROBOTS AND UNDEAD AND ALIENS DON'T HAVE DISCERNIBLE ANATOMY and then getting rekt experience.

Pæs

Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2016, 06:28:36 PM
Quote from: Pæs on March 04, 2016, 08:15:43 AM

That does sound like Requiem at work.  Mage = arrow to the face experience.  Warrior = magic to the face experience.  Rogue = all your sneak attacks failing because ROBOTS AND UNDEAD AND ALIENS DON'T HAVE DISCERNIBLE ANATOMY and then getting rekt experience.

OH YEAH, ALTERNATE START PLACED ME IN AN ORC STRONGHOLD. FULL ORCISH ARMOR.

Walk out the gate, Fire Mage. Two fireballs ded.

Cain

Heavy armour seems awesome...until you're hunting bandits and they're all in light armour and they just outrun you :(

The Orc Stronghold is pretty much the best alternate start in Requiem (second being a property owner in Markarth = Dwemer weapons + cash), but to be honest, clearing out the bandits in Whiterun Hold will usually net you steel plate or orcish armour very early on. 

Pæs

Unless someone else has already done it, I'm going to need to put together a simple Campfire/Alternate Start patch because it pisses me off that I start next to a vanilla static campfire and immediately have to build a new Campfire grade campfire to do campfire things on.

Cain

I dont think anyone else has, so go for it.  Might even be worth throwing up on the Nexus....if Chesko doesn't already do it in the next update.

Pæs

Gradually toggling how pretty I want things to be. Have settled on depth of field being on during play, although getting used to focusing it on any particular thing.

That last one is where I saved for the night, with a bear sneaking up on me. I'm rather concerned.