News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I want the ones with the fairies to give out.

On the count of Roger being a beautiful fairy princess.

DO IT.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But have Roger's face floating in the middle.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LOL

http://crosstalk.kinja.com/fox-does-it-again-1483616416

Quote(AP) - Fox News was battling a potential public relations nightmare this weekend after on air personality Megyn Kelly commented that Samuel L. Jackson is white.

"It's time the liberal media stops pretending that Samuel L. Jackson is black," Kelly said. "He is well spoken. He is affluent. He is successful in his career. Clearly Mr. Jackson is, like all god fearing real Americans, white."

Jackon's attorneys quickly demanded that Fox News retract the statement and take action against Kelly.

"Get that (slang word) woman off your (slang word) station," Jackson himself said in a prepared statement. "I have been called many terrible things in my time by nobody has ever gone so low as to accuse me of being white. Like Jesus, I stand by my skin color and my culture."

Fox News representatives said they would not comment on the issue until they had time to do detailed research into Jackson's racial background.

FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S BELIEVABLE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 16, 2013, 10:43:06 PM
Fox News representatives said they would not comment on the issue until they had time to do detailed research into Jackson's racial background.

Must not make topical comparison...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on December 16, 2013, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 16, 2013, 10:43:06 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Go ahead.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Pæs

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 16, 2013, 11:14:19 PM
Go ahead.
Nah, dude, I'm just not sure it's clear that "I'll get back to you when I have more information" while a pretty bipedal response... when delivered too late reads like "You're an asshole until further notice. I'm going to do some research and get back to you on whether or not you're still an asshole, but keep in mind that you're an asshole until then."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pæs on December 16, 2013, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 16, 2013, 11:14:19 PM
Go ahead.
Nah, dude, I'm just not sure it's clear that "I'll get back to you when I have more information" while a pretty bipedal response... when delivered too late reads like "You're an asshole until further notice. I'm going to do some research and get back to you on whether or not you're still an asshole, but keep in mind that you're an asshole until then."

That's fair. At this point I'm more interested in figuring out what the hell happened. I have an inkling of why I was pissed off at the whole thing, but I want to see specifically how this whole incident fits into it.

Pæs

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 16, 2013, 11:19:13 PM
Go ahead.

That's fair. At this point I'm more interested in figuring out what the hell happened. I have an inkling of why I was pissed off at the whole thing, but I want to see specifically how this whole incident fits into it.
Right, but I think it's important to understand that when this is your stated position, you're clearly signalling that your focus is on yourself.

If I felt attacked by you and then read you explaining that you were more interested in why you were pissed off, it would be pretty easy to read "than I am in finding out how I hurt Paes" at the end of that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pæs on December 16, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 16, 2013, 11:19:13 PM
Go ahead.

Right, but I think it's important to understand that when this is your stated position, you're clearly signalling that your focus is on yourself.

If I felt attacked by you and then read you explaining that you were more interested in why you were pissed off, it would be pretty easy to read "than I am in finding out how I hurt Paes" at the end of that.

Fair, but unless I am mistaken, I have already apologized for stirring up shit. This is what I'm doing now because reading the quotes that Nigel provided in the for Twid thread are over the top.

Maybe I'm not expressing my thoughts clearly, because now I feel like I'm trying to get at something that I can't put together into a sentence, which is more reason for me to handle this later.

Sita

LOL

http://crosstalk.kinja.com/fox-does-it-again-1483616416

Quote(AP) - Fox News was battling a potential public relations nightmare this weekend after on air personality Megyn Kelly commented that Samuel L. Jackson is white.

"It's time the liberal media stops pretending that Samuel L. Jackson is black," Kelly said. "He is well spoken. He is affluent. He is successful in his career. Clearly Mr. Jackson is, like all god fearing real Americans, white."

Jackon's attorneys quickly demanded that Fox News retract the statement and take action against Kelly.

"Get that (slang word) woman off your (slang word) station," Jackson himself said in a prepared statement. "I have been called many terrible things in my time by nobody has ever gone so low as to accuse me of being white. Like Jesus, I stand by my skin color and my culture."

FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S BELIEVABLE.
:um:
I think that broke my brain...
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on December 16, 2013, 07:02:34 PM
And I'm not excluding myself from that. I have been a little...touchy lately. But I do try to have the good grace to not bring it here. but you fuckers are making it tough.

Yeah, I know.  When Coyote does it, he's a "solid dude".  When Nigel or I respond, we're making it really tough on you.

But that's because we're chopped liver.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division