News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Probably for the best.  I forgot that Time doesn't exist in the universal wave function, so the only way to "time travel" is to go to a universe that configures to a smaller radius.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 30, 2013, 06:51:30 PM
Probably for the best.  I forgot that Time doesn't exist in the universal wave function, so the only way to "time travel" is to go to a universe that configures to a smaller radius.

Maybe.  There's at least one model that allows you to travel backward (overlapping Schwartzchild radii)  However, once you DO that, you've introduced information, and the second that happens, you wind up with another universe, as Uncle Bohr and Cousin Schroedinger accept no paradoxes.  Not to mention that you've added energy to an existing point in time, which ugly little brother Albert doesn't care for.  And once you're in that new universe, you don't ever get to go back, for the same reason that the new universe started in the first place.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I forgot to account for adding energy!

You right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 30, 2013, 06:57:36 PM
I forgot to account for adding energy!

You right.

I am a maintenance man.  All we think about is entropy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Working a split shift today. Did the first part, closing tonight. Don't even have a Facebook account. Just endless Ravelry patterns begging me to pull out some yarn . . . I think I'm going to fall asleep again.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 30, 2013, 07:35:01 PM
Working a split shift today. Did the first part, closing tonight. Don't even have a Facebook account. Just endless Ravelry patterns begging me to pull out some yarn . . . I think I'm going to fall asleep again.

GO TAKE A NAP.

THEN KNOCK THE SHIT OUT OF SOME YARN.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 06:36:24 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 30, 2013, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 05:37:44 PM
Board is empty again today.  Except for Obadai Grallspex or whatever his name is, and LuciferX explaining why woo > physics, etc.

So I'm going to go find something offline to do.

Sorry.  Lunch with Mrs LMNO, and then I had to revisit some of the LessWrong quantum physics sequence, because of that damn science fiction thread.

No worries.  I assume you're busy during the day, these days.  Cain's got shit on his plate, and Nigel is busier than hell.

Everyone else, though, has fucked off to Facebook to share and Like, because they care.  Most people won't bother to share or repost, you know.  It's a well-known fact.

I checked in here briefly, then I fucked off to facebook to make sure one of my groups wasn't getting infested with INTUITIVE PAGAN, then I came back.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, never mind my bitching.  It's really all it is, after all:  bitching.

Ben Shapiro

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 30, 2013, 07:48:43 PM
Board is empty again today.  Except for Obadai Grallspex or whatever his name is, and LuciferX explaining why woo > physics, etc.

Sorry.  Lunch with Mrs LMNO, and then I had to revisit some of the LessWrong quantum physics sequence, because of that damn science fiction thread.

No worries.  I assume you're busy during the day, these days.  Cain's got shit on his plate, and Nigel is busier than hell.

Everyone else, though, has fucked off to Facebook to share and Like, because they care.  Most people won't bother to share or repost, you know.  It's a well-known fact.

I checked in here briefly, then I fucked off to facebook to make sure one of my groups wasn't getting infested with INTUITIVE PAGAN, then I came back.

Bring the "intuitive pagans" here.   :lulz:

I've never heard that term, but I already know what it means:  Even the ridiculous forms of neo-paganism thrown off in favor of flat-out, unadorned wish-fulfillment fantasy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

I don't unless someone is throwing Assburger's at you.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

But there's REASONS for bitching. Oh, yes.

Stella

Can harp on shit till the cows come home

Ben Shapiro

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 07:50:10 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 30, 2013, 07:48:43 PM

Bring the "intuitive pagans" here.   :lulz:

I've never heard that term, but I already know what it means:  Even the ridiculous forms of neo-paganism thrown off in favor of flat-out, unadorned wish-fulfillment fantasy.

Here? *rubs hands together in glee*

And yes, that's EXACTLY what it means.